The Student Room Group

Worried about meeting internet friends

I've had internet friends for about 3 years now, and my closest friend lives all the way over in Dallas. We've been talking about meeting for quite some time, and although it probably won't happen in the near future, I'm still super worried about the idea.
It's not because she's horrid or secretly some old guy- it's just that I'm pretty overweight and I'm super worried she'll hate me for it or be awkward with me as a result. Yes, I look a pretty normal weight in pictures of just my face, but my body is horrid.
Does anyone have any experiences with meeting people online who turned out to be different to how they looked in selfies/video calls? I don't know whether I should be worried, or just be myself and hope she accepts me ://
Original post by Anonymous
I've had internet friends for about 3 years now, and my closest friend lives all the way over in Dallas. We've been talking about meeting for quite some time, and although it probably won't happen in the near future, I'm still super worried about the idea.
It's not because she's horrid or secretly some old guy- it's just that I'm pretty overweight and I'm super worried she'll hate me for it or be awkward with me as a result. Yes, I look a pretty normal weight in pictures of just my face, but my body is horrid.
Does anyone have any experiences with meeting people online who turned out to be different to how they looked in selfies/video calls? I don't know whether I should be worried, or just be myself and hope she accepts me ://

Just tell your friend this, then you don't have to worry about it anymore. Very simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending