The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AQANeedToChill
When you read Natural Causes of Climate Change! God Sent! Went on a writing spree <3 <3 <3

Lol, what did you write about?
Original post by Speedbird129
I don't think you would get all the marks but definitely some. I think 2 marks as you mentioned composite volcanoes form which is correct.

what about the regulation of the air that i posted ^^ and how hydrological cycle maintains oceans
Original post by LNDNWASPS
also If i said carbon cycle i said plants take c02 for phtosynthesis and give out oxyegen and microbes feed on dead plants decyay releasing c02 is that right for regulation of air

Yeah this will regulate the composition of the atmosphere. My teacher said that the carbon cycle was correct.
Yeah this will regulate the composition of the atmosphere. My teacher said that the carbon cycle was correct.

and what about how the hydrological cycle maintains ocean do you talk about evapoation and condensation
and what about how the hydrological cycle maintains ocean do you talk about evapoation and condensation

Nah that's not do do with oceans. Think you were meant to talk about surface runoff, groundwater flow etc.

I said about how it gets into clouds by evaporation and then as rain (precipitation) and also by evapotranspiration.
ground water flow might be correct by it does by evapouration and condensation i swear I hope I gret an A* mucked up a few things
Original post by SpunkyTom
Nah that's not do do with oceans. Think you were meant to talk about surface runoff, groundwater flow etc.

I think it was to do with the hydrological cycle and evaporation I think is correct.
what do you think grade boundaries will be like?
But throughflow and surface runoff is also valid I believe.
I think it was to do with the hydrological cycle and evaporation I think is correct.

I thought the question was something like 'how is water returned to oceans?'. Can't really remember tho.
what do you think grade boundaries will be like?

Probably normal (about 60 for a*)
Probably normal (about 60 for a*)

whatttt if i said UNCLOS as oil pollution and Marpol other way round do I get marks
whatttt if i said UNCLOS as oil pollution and Marpol other way round do I get marks

Which question???
Which question???

oceans on the edge I said it other way round but what I said they do was correct but wrong way round
I know I have dropped atleast 20 marks. That includes 50/50s where I wasn't sure.

No chance of an A* imo but I can hope my cw doesn't drop and I need to smash human (which is thankfully my strongest subject)
Reply 96
What did everyone get for the 8 markers on oceans on the edge and river processes because I put about the three gorges dam and the Colorado dam for the river processes, is that ok because they are both hard engineering
oceans on the edge I said it other way round but what I said they do was correct but wrong way round

I don't do oceans on the edge so not sure. They'll prob give you at least half marks if what you wrote about them was fine.
Reply 98
That water back to oceans question was terrible.
I wrote about surface runoff and then couldn't think of another one so I literally wrote about precipitation above the sea...

But the rest could have been worse. :tongue:
Reply 99
Overall it went well but the two 8 markers for rivers and extreme environments were quite tricky, wrote anything I came up with lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending