The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
For the oceans on the edge question how many marks do you think I would get for talking about Soufriere bay then a bit about international whaling laws then a bit about litter in the north pacific and that no one will take responsibility for it
Original post by Speedbird129
That is correct

what did you write on the 8 marker?
Reply 162
Original post by rayestar
what did you write on the 8 marker?

I wrote a lot about Soufriere bay but it is a local management so I'm not sure ill get any marks for that then I wrote: IWC has been signed by over 156 countries which means they will not kill so many whales that they can not regenerate. However, countries such as the Faroe Islands massacre a 1000 whales a year as part of their culture. Also, the north pacific is covered in litter due to countries throwing their waste into the sea but no country has taken responsibility for it so it still damages wildlife
Original post by nahyr
I wrote a lot about Soufriere bay but it is a local management so I'm not sure ill get any marks for that then I wrote: IWC has been signed by over 156 countries which means they will not kill so many whales that they can not regenerate. However, countries such as the Faroe Islands massacre a 1000 whales a year as part of their culture. Also, the north pacific is covered in litter due to countries throwing their waste into the sea but no country has taken responsibility for it so it still damages wildlife

is that for the extreme environment question?
Is this the 8 marker on sea levels or flooding
Original post by benny123hsg
Is this the 8 marker on sea levels or flooding

I answered questions on coasts and extreme environments.
Coasts was about conflicting view on a names coastline
extreme environments was on traditional economies
Reply 166
what did you guys put for the environmental impacts of climate change for the UK?
Hated that question. Started talking about effects of future climate change then realised I was wrong so had to cross the whole thing out
Reply 168
Original post by rayestar
is that for the extreme environment question?

Nope this is oceans on the edge
Original post by nahyr
Nope this is oceans on the edge

I thought oceans on the edge 8 marker was about conflicting views on sea defences...

oh wait, that was coasts, sorry for the confusion!
(edited 7 years ago)
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Soufriere bay and managing cod stocks in the north sea are not global methods to protect the ocean. therefore i believe marks would be minimal. however, you are spot on about whaling laws so that should hopefully get you marks.
Reply 171
yeh don't think soufriere bay will get any marks but it's north pacific ocean not the north sea
Oh terribly sorry that seems a good case study and should get you marks. Also the examiners don't know every case study so you may get away with the soufiere bay.
Original post by Chittesh14
Same here, I don't understand how can you talk about one in so much detail.

I talked about the Caledonian Forest, Windsor Forest and National Parks.
No you wrote the wrong answer in a lot of detail you halfwit. That's like talking about Lennie for the Lord of the flies question... But in a lot of detail
Original post by LNDNWASPS
ground water flow might be correct by it does by evapouration and condensation i swear I hope I gret an A* mucked up a few things

I hope to get an A* too, but i messed up so bad :frown:
Original post by JustJannah
I hope to get an A* too, but i messed up so bad :frown:

Thanks for the rep. :smile: Pretty new to this but thanks.
Original post by zxmm
what did you guys put for the environmental impacts of climate change for the UK?

I put:
1) leads to ice melting, so sea levels rise, which risks flooding to low lying cities, such as London
2) warmer temperatures mean that species migrate to find a new suitable environment, but they may not find the right food, so will die, leading to loss in biodiversity
Original post by Speedbird129
Thanks for the rep. :smile: Pretty new to this but thanks.

You're welcome :smile:, I'm new too!
Original post by oen1bh
What did people answer for the flood management systems for a named example and its success in rivers?

I put Soft engineering at the River Skerne and Hard engineering in York, but i messed up that question so badly :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending