Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

LSE diploma accounting and finance

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

I am posting this thread because I am wondering what the LSE's diploma in accounting and finance is worth.
    I am French and currently enrolled in EDHEC Business School, which is a business school (Grande Ecole) that ranks N°5 in France and I have the possibility go to LSE and get this "diploma" during my last year (I will also receive a "Master in Management" from my home school).
    The main reason I am considering this diploma is that I can't access strategy consulting after EDHEC, but I am thinking that maybe my profile will be considered after graduating from the LSE.

I am wondering:
    -What is this diploma worth? Is it sufficient to apply to strategy consulting firms? (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Roland Berger, LEK, Oliver Wyman, AT Kearney Strategy&...)
    -Is it necessary to pursue the MSc in Accounting and Finance after getting this diploma, in order to apply to strategy consulting firms or other selective jobs?
    -As it is designed for non-finance students, how easy/hard are the courses? I have already studied a few courses of corporate finance, accounting, etc, and will be interning in M&A during 6 months next year... Will it be repetitive?
    -Overall, is this diploma of any added value? Is it enough to benefit from LSE's brand name?

I applied for the same course but still waiting for reply since I applied extremely late. ( I majored accounting for my undergrad)

Did you make the application or just speculating the course? I am not sure whether diploma itself is worth. That's also my question. So I am planning to continue with MSc A&F afterwards if I do get an offer.

Competing with all the other Msc's with PGDip would have some limitations don't you think? Unless you have other things to offer on your CV that stand out.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.