The Student Room Group

Drama AQA on Monday

I'm beginning to get a bit scared about this exam. I got an A* in the mock, and my essay writing is usually quite good. But I'm just worried that the response to a live production question will be on two performers.. We've never done a proper, timed, two actor question before, and I'm scared I'll run out of time. Since 2003, there has only been one 2 actor question, and that was in 2005. So there's likely to be one this year :frown:.

Also, I just re-did double sided notes for the play I'm most likely to write about. But it's literally exactly what I'm going to write in the exam, but in note form. Do you think this will be a problem? I've emailed my teacher but she hasn't got back to me yet..

So what's everyone doing to "revise"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When I make my notes, it will be exactly what I'm gonna be writing in the exam.
Don't they give you a choice every year of actor based, design-based, or general production based question?

I know I'll be doing the design option, it's pisss easy.
Reply 3
We've been encouraged to do the acting question. Basically means we don't know how to answer any others :p:.
Are you doing The Crucible for the set play? I'm truly screwed for that one.
Reply 5
Ah i'm doing blue remembered and billy liar. So how did you all get on in the practical drama exam?
Reply 6
bradford-boy214
Are you doing The Crucible for the set play? I'm truly screwed for that one.

Yup, I am. I quite like The Crucible tbh. Whenever I'm answering that essay I don't actually feel like I'm in the exam. I'm in Crucible-world :biggrin:.
Reply 7
b9muslove
Ah i'm doing blue remembered and billy liar. So how did you all get on in the practical drama exam?

28/30 :smile:
Reply 8
Drama is ok , just got to read your notes
Woman in black - set , design
Bouncers - acting
Reply 9
We have never done a practise exam and only went to see one play thiss week. You will be fine :wink:. Hoping i do ok in the written exam though because i got quite good in coursework and stuff.
Reply 10
My notes are a bit prose-y as well, I don't think it's a problem. It's not at my school, that's for sure... they never check anything, people walk in with notes written on them.
Reply 11
Invigilators dont know what notes ur allowed just put some in ur pocket then let teachers check okish notes.
Reply 12
Our course was literally see the plays, day after rite up a side of notes on acting and a side on design.
We saw loads of plays and we just had to decide on our best two notes, I am going with Metamorphosis by Kafka and Equus by Shafer (the Daniel Radcliffe one!).
Our teacher told us there are two sections and our school is only to do section B, we answer two questions from Section B. I have seen quite a lot of past papers and know that there is usually two questions on acting and two on design.
Out of my own notes, the design parts are better and so therefore I am probably going to do two design questions. My notes are literally what I am going to say without full sentences and words like 'is' and 'and' etc... with dashes between key words (/)...
Reply 13
ollie3_33
Our course was literally see the plays, day after rite up a My notes are literally what I am going to say without full sentences and words like 'is' and 'and' etc... with dashes between key words (/)...

Cool. That's literally how my notes are like too. Has your teacher checked them and said that's okay?
Reply 14
mikeski
28/30 :smile:

Well done! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Im actually quite looking forward to this exam!
Just been doing a draft of my notes to take into the exam and im fairly confident with them. Will be happy if there is a question on two actors this year rather than just the one but I think I will do alright either way.
Reply 16
Hey does anyone happen to know how much we can take in the exam in the way of notes?

I thought it was 2 pages/ play we'd seen, but apparently its two in total?

If it is two in total, then i'm going to have a fun lead up to the exam :s-smilie:
Reply 17
We were told two sides on one A4 piece of paper per play. There is two plays and so therefore two pieces of paper.
Reply 18
i thought i was 2 x 2 sides of a4
4 pages?
Reply 19
Well we saw 5 plays all toghether.. but I've only done double sided notes on 4. It doesn't matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending