The Student Room Group

Out of each option, which you you choose?

These are the options for my school, pretty crap I know:

Option A - ICT (Compulsory)

Option B - Maths, Physical Ed., Music, History, CoPE (dunno what that is!)

Option C - English Lit., Communication Studies, Geography, Science

Option D - Art & Design, Business Studies, French, Drama, Sociology

Option E - Biology, Health & Social Care, Engineering, Moving Image Arts

You have to pick up to 4 and only one from each box.

I really wanted to do Maths and Music but they are in the same option :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally, I'd change schools.
Reply 2
Christ those options are bad, Option B especially... History vs PE? :biggrin:
Reply 3
No!!!! You have to pick ONE from EACH box lol
Maths
Science
French
Engineering/Biology
ICT

That setup is crap by the way.
Reply 5
wow, IT is compulsory, that's unusual!
Reply 6
I think they realise that. They were saying they wouldn't be able to choose one from option B because they're all so terrible. Really though, can't you change schools? A Level choices are far more important than you realise when you make them.
Reply 7
Yeah I'm thinking of changing... But I really wanna do Maths, Music, Biology and Drama... I think they could change Music to a different box since I'l be the only one doing it, and they may let me drop ICT...

Say if they don't let me drop ICT, is Maths, Biology, Music and ICT a good combo? I really love the first 3 subjects!!
Reply 8
is IT compulsory just up to AS level? By all accounts it's far too time consuming even then (coursework is mega)
I'd (change school) take maths, 'science'???, business studies and biology.

BUT if i were you i wouldnt take business studies lol, its a load of crap.

PS: what is 'science'?? as in chem or physics or some made-up a-level?
Reply 10
ChrisRH
I'd (change school) take maths, 'science'???, business studies and biology.

BUT if i were you i wouldnt take business studies lol, its a load of crap.

PS: what is 'science'?? as in chem or physics or some made-up a-level?

Sorry it's Applied Science - more less for the ones how took Double Award Applied Science GCSE...

And yeah, ICT is AS only but can be taken at A2 as well.
Reply 11
Definitely change schools if you're considering it. A Level choices shouldn't be filtered from a list; you should know what you want to do and then find somewhere that'll allow you to study it. Apart from which, compulsory ICT? **** off!
Reply 12
^ Amen.
At my school there was a lot more choice, general studies was meant to be compulsory, but hardly anyone is doing it. And if two options clashed we had to go to the head of sixth form, and they'd see if it was possible to put the option in a different block. If I was you I would definately go to another sixth form.
Reply 14
I am truly shocked. That is terrible if they make you select from that ridiculous list. I would change schools.
Reply 15
Thelfo
Personally, I'd change schools.

:ditto:
Reply 16
I did maths and all science, since we couldnt do ict at our schl whats it like? It cant be that hard right?
Reply 17
Theres a lot of coursework so it is very time consuming.
Reply 18
why cant believe they just wont let you choose...change before you regret it
Reply 19
Ok. What argument should I put for getting out of doing ICT? I'm really gonna try my best to get out of it so I can do Drama. See they will change Music into another box since I'l be the only one doing it.

Latest