The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature 2016 - Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls

Hey guys, is anyone else doing the Edexcel IGCSE for English Literature? I am, and the texts I am doing are Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls. Does anyone have any predictions for Paper 1 on 23rd May? If anyone has any idea which characters are more likely to come up it would be of great use to me, thank you :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing omam and aic too. I think maybe inspector or mr birling for aic?? & the theme of responsibility. but idk
Reply 2
Original post by gameofno
im doing omam and aic too. I think maybe inspector or mr birling for aic?? & the theme of responsibility. but idk

I have a weird feeling it could be Sybil Birling, she hasn't come up in any of the past papers, and more importantly, she is a very tricky character to write about...
Reply 3
Original post by b.wldn
I have a weird feeling it could be Sybil Birling, she hasn't come up in any of the past papers, and more importantly, she is a very tricky character to write about...

bloody h8 writing about her. what do u think of OMAM? what will come up
Reply 4
:smile:
Original post by gameofno
bloody h8 writing about her. what do u think of OMAM? what will come up

June 2015 - Curley
January 2015 - Crooks and one other character
June 2014 - Curley and Curley's wife
January 2014 - Candy
June 2013 - Slim
January 2013 - Curley's wife and one other character
June 2012 - Candy and Crooks

George and Lennie have never come up, could this be the year they break through? But I'm placing my bets on Slim, Candy, Crooks, it should be out of these three. Curley was used last year and him and his wife 2 years ago, so I don't think they'll come up. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by b.wldn
:smile:

June 2015 - Curley
January 2015 - Crooks and one other character
June 2014 - Curley and Curley's wife
January 2014 - Candy
June 2013 - Slim
January 2013 - Curley's wife and one other character
June 2012 - Candy and Crooks

George and Lennie have never come up, could this be the year they break through? But I'm placing my bets on Slim, Candy, Crooks, it should be out of these three. Curley was used last year and him and his wife 2 years ago, so I don't think they'll come up. Hope that helps :smile:

george the snake and lennie came up on edexcel gcse last year, may not come again but like IGCSE is international so you never know innit, really hard to predict
Reply 6
Original post by roadmanchasin£££
george the snake and lennie came up on edexcel gcse last year, may not come again but like IGCSE is international so you never know innit, really hard to predict

Lol george aint a snake he done what he had to, he's a real bruddha. gcse nd IGCSE are two different things blud so idk why ur mentioning it come on g
Original post by b.wldn
Lol george aint a snake he done what he had to, he's a real bruddha. gcse nd IGCSE are two different things blud so idk why ur mentioning it come on g

lmaoo i do GCSE for english innit, thought it might help sorry bossman

tbh i would rather meet up with my bredrin in the park and bun weed than do gcses bmt
Hey guys are there any predictions for A View from The Bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Hey guys are there any predictions for A View from The Bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry man I don't do those texts
Reply 11
June 2015 - Eric
January 2015 - Female characters
June 2014- Sheila
January 2014 - Gerald
June 2013 - Inspector Goole
January 2013 - Eva Smith/Daisy Renton
June 2012 - Sheila and Eric

I think it could be the Inspector, Sybil Birling or Sheila this year. Let's see if I'm right:s-smilie:
Well I did Of Mice and Men and Romeo and Juliet and they were both fine
I did Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls and I answered both questions on character. How did everyone find it and what questions did you do? :smile:
I do omam and chose slim cause I don't know what the hell I'd write about for poverty. But yeah I found it easy
Reply 15
I done the character questions for both!
Seems like I got it pretty accurate, Inspector, Arthur and Slim on exams today :biggrin:
Original post by jess99056
I did Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls and I answered both questions on character. How did everyone find it and what questions did you do? :smile:

Hi, I did the question on the inspector versus Mr. Birling and there was loads to write about such as the political ideology, the descriptions of the two, the character of the two, the message they state and loved it. However for OMAM I write about the fact that poverty causes many other themes to kick in such as migration, loliness, dreams, prejudice and so on. Do you think I went off topic?
Hi everyone, So I'm kind of freaking out because my friend told me that her teacher told her that we should have had linguistically analyzed our quotes. What I mean by that is that perhaps if a quote contained a sibilance or methapore or whatever we should have pointed it out. I did the question on Mr. birling and the inspector, but did none of the previous things, did anyone do it?
Reply 18
Original post by Matteoalbino12
Hi everyone, So I'm kind of freaking out because my friend told me that her teacher told her that we should have had linguistically analyzed our quotes. What I mean by that is that perhaps if a quote contained a sibilance or methapore or whatever we should have pointed it out. I did the question on Mr. birling and the inspector, but did none of the previous things, did anyone do it?

Yes, for example, "fire and blood and anguish" I said was a list of three/triad.
Reply 19
Original post by Matteoalbino12
Hi, I did the question on the inspector versus Mr. Birling and there was loads to write about such as the political ideology, the descriptions of the two, the character of the two, the message they state and loved it. However for OMAM I write about the fact that poverty causes many other themes to kick in such as migration, loliness, dreams, prejudice and so on. Do you think I went off topic?

As long as you had quotes to back up your points then it should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending