The Student Room Group

No AS grades?

Basically I have a choice between two sixth forms, A and B. In A I'd do 4 AS levels, then drop one and do 3 a levels. At B I'd only do 3 subjects from the start, but I wouldn't do AS, just the a level exams in year 13. I'd much rather go to B for various reasons, but I'm worried that if I don't do AS levels I'd be in a worse position than people who do them. Is it worth going to A just for AS levels, despite the fact I'd be happier at B?
Reply 1
I'd go to which ever one you want, even if it does put you in a 'worse' position, its about what makes you happy I guess...
Reply 2
But do you think I'd be missing out a lot if I didn't do AS levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'd go for B, knowing what I know now, which is that A-levels are hard *cries*.
Also, from what I've heard unis aren't that fussed about as-levels anymore, on account of the changes.
Reply 5
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Also, from what I've heard unis aren't that fussed about as-levels anymore, on account of the changes.

Ooh that's good to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will go with A because then you will know the stress of actually knowing that you have an exam at the end of the year - i feel like this actually helps because even if you get say not exceptionally good grades obviously not U's as that would mean you wouldn't continue with A-level but like DCCB - when it comes to A-level - You will be more determined and motivated to get good grades.
just my opinion

Quick Reply

Latest