The Student Room Group

Edexcel B Geography GCSE 25.05.16

Can anyone help?
I thought we had 1hour 15 for this paper but all the past papers I'm looking at say we get 1 hour?! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by fuzz13
Can anyone help?
I thought we had 1hour 15 for this paper but all the past papers I'm looking at say we get 1 hour?! Thanks

Why does nobody do Geography A :frown:
Reply 2
They changed the style of the exam paper for 2014 and beyond (increasing the overall number of marks) from 50 to 78 in Dynamic Planet and People and the Planet. Previously there were only two 6 mark questions in each paper but now there's 4 in addition to an 8 mark question for each of the optional topics. They increased the time allowed for the papers because of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dan9909
They changed the style of the exam paper for 2014 and beyond (increasing the overall number of marks) from 50 to 78 in Dynamic Planet and People and the Planet. Previously there were only two 6 mark questions in each paper but now there's 4 in addition to an 8 mark question for each of the optional topics. They increased the time allowed for the papers because of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks :smile:
Are you guys prepared for this paper? Do you have any predictions on what might come up?
Reply 5
Original post by MeerabBieber
Are you guys prepared for this paper? Do you have any predictions on what might come up?

Climate change always seems to come up and I think coasts might this year as well.... Also coral reefs seems to pop up everywhere so I'm revising those!

I feel reasonably prepared for this paper just a few case studies I'm not sure on and practically the whole volcano topic :frown: hoping that doesn't come up! Literally am in so much trouble for P&P paper ... know absolutely nothing...so half term will be fun...:colondollar: What about you?
Original post by fuzz13
Climate change always seems to come up and I think coasts might this year as well.... Also coral reefs seems to pop up everywhere so I'm revising those!

I feel reasonably prepared for this paper just a few case studies I'm not sure on and practically the whole volcano topic :frown: hoping that doesn't come up! Literally am in so much trouble for P&P paper ... know absolutely nothing...so half term will be fun...:colondollar: What about you?

Same.
I feel that volcanoes might come up as a six marker in restless earth. It hasn't come up in so long.
Reply 7
Original post by MeerabBieber
Same.
I feel that volcanoes might come up as a six marker in restless earth. It hasn't come up in so long.

Thanks for the heads up.... better get cracking! :biggrin:
I made a thread called
GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016Please discuss exam related information. Good luck!
Original post by fuzz13
Thanks for the heads up.... better get cracking! :biggrin:

Your welcome:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Speedbird129
I made a thread called
GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016Please discuss exam related information. Good luck!

Ah sorry didn't see it!
Original post by fuzz13
Ah sorry didn't see it!

That's ok. Don't feel obliged to join in.

Quick Reply

Latest