Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How common are mental health issues amongst teens?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by selvisin)
    I know that in my school, a lot of girls suffer from depression/anxiety/eating disorders.
    Is it the same where you are?
    just the girls? wba the boys

s/o sadboiz

Well i suffer from social anxiety never had a girl friend

all the girls in college look at me in tht way like they want me lol but i cant approach them .I dno back in the day when i was in yr 6-yr10 i cud talk to any girl i would have so many girl friends but now i dnt knw whts happened.

My face goes red wen i speak 2 strangers even men lost confidence. I dno wht 2 do .

Yes. I know a few people that suffer from mental health problems, including myself.

(Original post by zanner)
    just the girls? wba the boys

s/o sadboiz
    Well I go to a girls school, so no boys by default. But yes, boys do tend to suffer in silence when it comes to mental health.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Well, they say that something like 1 in 4 people have some sort of mental health problem; so it's not that much of a surprise, really.
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Wow?! That's a huge amount of people.
    it's actually a lot higher than that most internal estimates are 50-60% suffering at least low level issues
    my mother works for MIND
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.