The Student Room Group

which a level is better? classical civilisation or psychology

any information about these subjects that you do? how hard do you find them? which one is more interesting? anything will be useful

classics - ocr
psychology -aqa
Reply 1
I've only done Psychology for 2 months before and found it rather dull and I've never done classics, but I will say that "better" is very subjective - you really need to think about which one you would enjoy more and which one you would see more beneficial for your future and so on.
Original post by Kobisha
any information about these subjects that you do? how hard do you find them? which one is more interesting? anything will be useful

classics - ocr
psychology -aqa

I did Classics AS and I found it very interesting, very easy to get a B in too
Original post by Kobisha

classics - ocr
psychology -aqa

Which one do you think you'll enjoy more? I've only done Psych but I've greatly enjoyed it. It is hard but rewarding. I'd suggest going to a taster day or reading through specs and making a decision based on how interesting you enjoy them :smile:
I think this would depend entirely on what you want to do. Classical Civilisation can be either very dry and difficult, or very interesting and straightforward. The same goes for psychology. It depends on you.
I do AQA psychology, I've just sat the first AS exam. Honestly it's not as interesting as I thought it was going to be. A lot of it is study based to illustrate points and I just don't love it personally. But it will depend which topics your school picks. Next year were doing forensic psychology, which is interesting for me as an aspiring law student.

If you're like me and have a good memory it's a walk in the park because it's basically a giant memory test and you can make up evaluation points using common sense. I've been getting As all year from the off.

Also, don't take this as me saying it's an easy subject, it isn't. A lot of people fail because the content is just too big. My friend is pretty smart and she is really struggling to get above a D in Psychology but her other 3 subjects are fine.
Of course, A2 is likely to be harder, but I've found AS to be okay really.

Can't comment on classics, I wanted to do it but no where near me offers it.

Quick Reply

Latest