The Student Room Group

Best course of action...

Hello TSR

I want to study Computer Science at Exeter University.

Last year I got ACED - in Maths, Computing, Further Maths and Physics respectively.

Due to severe ADD, I failed those exams, I said I would improve for A2 and I simply haven't, I am still extremely bad at studying. I am now instead focusing on my AS level retakes (Physics and Computing) and will hopefully have AAA in Physics, Computing and Maths at AS.

I WILL fail my A2 Physics and Maths for sure, my plan is to retake them next year for the final resit and take up Further Maths AS again.

I am aiming for A*ABc in Maths, Computing, Physics and Further Maths AS.

What do you think about this plan, should I certificate the A2 exams?
Reply 1
Original post by herbertrebi
Hello TSR

I want to study Computer Science at Exeter University.

Last year I got ACED - in Maths, Computing, Further Maths and Physics respectively.

Due to severe ADD, I failed those exams, I said I would improve for A2 and I simply haven't, I am still extremely bad at studying. I am now instead focusing on my AS level retakes (Physics and Computing) and will hopefully have AAA in Physics, Computing and Maths at AS.

I WILL fail my A2 Physics and Maths for sure, my plan is to retake them next year for the final resit and take up Further Maths AS again.

I am aiming for A*ABc in Maths, Computing, Physics and Further Maths AS.

What do you think about this plan, should I certificate the A2 exams?

I don't think you mean "certificate" here. I'm assuming you mean "should I not take the A2 exams?" because that's the only thing that makes sense - if you take them, they will be certificated unless you go to one of a very small handful of private schools.

It is up to you whether you take them, but you would need to consider what your school will think. You want to go back for another year so can't mess them around too much. They might feel that by not doing the exams you're not trying, and haven't been taking this year seriously. Or they might prefer you to not take them, as if you do fail you'll make their statistics look bad.

Quick Reply

Latest