The Student Room Group

IGCSE (CIE) Accounting exam may/june 2016?

I did past papers of recent years and found paper 2 2016 to be harder as compared to previous years papers. Did you find it difficult? I think I lost about 15 marks, or more. I hope paper 1 will be better. What do you think the grade boundaries for paper 2 for an A* will be?
Reply 1
Well the mean average grade for A* for the past 5 years has been 191/240 and seems likely it'll dip to perhaps 187/240?

I found the paper a bit unusual but not crazy hard however i probably lost 25 marks purely cause of my bad time management... Was aiming for A* but thats less likely now. Paper 1 seems like it may be harder considering limited companies have yet to come? Which variant did you do? I did 22.
We did Paper 21, a limited question came up and my god, it was the the question that fuc*** most people... For variant 1 i think the grade boundaries will drop significantly (depending on how paper 1 goes)
Original post by examhater44
We did Paper 21, a limited question came up and my god, it was the the question that fuc*** most people... For variant 1 i think the grade boundaries will drop significantly (depending on how paper 1 goes)

Sorry...... I've got to rant!!!!!!

I've got to rant!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to RANT................

Uhmmm.........that limited companies!!!!!!!! What d *** was that.......lemmi tell u ...... This was the only exam where more than 15 candidates left the room to go pee!!!!!!! Honestly.....no kidding........they claimed that it was due to how the paper looked!!!!!!!!

I couldn't hold it in man!!!!! I had to cry!!!!!!! Only one frikkin' concept showed up!!!!!!! Prudence!!!!!! Really .......kidding me!!!!!!! Ughhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry.......my frustration was overflowing......just hope the boundaries go down and paper 1 is better.........

Which other subjects do u do
Reply 4
Original post by Lola_Lola
Well the mean average grade for A* for the past 5 years has been 191/240 and seems likely it'll dip to perhaps 187/240?

I found the paper a bit unusual but not crazy hard however i probably lost 25 marks purely cause of my bad time management... Was aiming for A* but thats less likely now. Paper 1 seems like it may be harder considering limited companies have yet to come? Which variant did you do? I did 22.

Even I couldn't manage my time properly, I was rushing through the last 2 pages on the last 10 minutes! I did variant 22 as well and will be doing variant 12 this Friday. Yeah I'm guessing limited company, books of prime entry, bank reconciliation and bad debts will come, but its unpredictable as they may also repeat some topics from Paper 2. I'm hoping paper 1 is better! :/
Reply 5

I hate limited liability accounts ugh. Luckily it didn't come for me (paper 22) but it'll probably haunt me in paper 12
Reply 6

what was the question like? ive been hearing a lot about it

Quick Reply

Latest