The Student Room Group

GNVQ Intermediate ICT

how many do the colleges near you count them as? technically a distinction is A* A* A A, but my local college counts it as 2 A's i think. Hmph. Apparantly it differs between colleges. Are you getting a raw deal from your desired college for this course?

Does anyone know how cambridge would rate it, as they have a point system where an A* = 1 and an A = 0.6 i think.
would it be 3.2?

HOw did everyone find this course, and what where your overall scores out of 500 (i think 500, for the 5 units covered, or where there 4units covered?)

Also, how do you personally count it when saying how many gcse's you sre doing? i like to say 9 + gnvq, so i 'take' 13 GCSEs, which i guess is sorta a white lie...
Reply 1
hmm, Well i was doing the intermediate course until March when our school got shut down for traces of legionellia.. and we still hadnt completed 3 units..

But during my interview for college they said they counted them as full Gcse's But only if your trying to get onto an IT Course which i am.. But trouble is i dont know how edexcel are gonna give us consideration or work out a formula using test scores and the pieces we've done..

Anyways.. Yes it does vary between colleges.
Reply 2
My college only counted it as 2As 2 years ago, wasn't too bothered though, I think it's just because they want you to have a wider variety of subjects to count towards your 5 A*-C's
Reply 3
I count it as two A*'s and two A's. When people ask me what I got for my GCSE's I just say 2A*'s, 5A's and 6B's because I count my GNVQ in that. It would sound a bit odd if I said 3A's, 6B's...oh and a distinction.

Latest

Trending

Trending