The Student Room Group

How can I make new friends?

Yo, I'm 22 male and I live in a really small village in Hertfordshire. I'm really lacking a social life at the moment, I have mates but they are all busy doing their own things whether it be at university, jobs or gap years and I only seem them on a monthly/two monthly basis. I work 9am to 5:30pm everyday.

I want to make some new friends, who I can hang out with more often. My issue is that there's is literally nothing that my village has to offer in regards to social clubs, and even if it did, it's such a small village I pretty much know everyone in it already anyway!

I'm not a bad commute from LDN (about 30 minute train journey), I'd really like to make some mates there as I want to explore LDN more anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations/advise as to how I can make friends? I'm a pretty outgoing person and by afraid to put myself out there. I just need to know where 'there' is!?
Join some meetups groups online (There's a few good groups on Meetup.com). Also check social networking sites such as Facebook if you have it for groups that arrange some meetups. In addition browse online for clubs that interest you plus volunteering & action groups that are relatively near by. This is what I did anyway & have found that my social circle is starting to get bigger. People certainly seem to value me more as I get invited to quite a lot of things now. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending