The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenmck99
I can't remember the exact question but I know it gave you the milliseconds and your answer had to be in seconds, but maybe I'll get follow through marks? every other year they gave the conversion from seconds to milliseconds to you

1 mark don't worry lol.
Did anybody actually know the labels for the alpha scattering experiment? I definitely didn't 😂 I said polonium (alpha source) gold (one to two atoms thick and I made up sentegration screen, I still don't know what the right answers were
Think the last one was gagger muller tube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1043
TA physics for the one about molecules moving etc. After the density, did anyone else put:
NA
Glass
Water
In that order in the boxes?
Also for the equation connecting the bike question did anyone put:T-F=ma?
Reply 1044
Original post by Katie389
Did anybody actually know the labels for the alpha scattering experiment? I definitely didn't 😂 I said polonium (alpha source) gold (one to two atoms thick and I made up sentegration screen, I still don't know what the right answers were

Just looked up the diagram, it was alpha source, gold screen and microscope...
At least i got 1/3 haha
Original post by RJM1802
Just looked up the diagram, it was alpha source, gold screen and microscope...
At least i got 1/3 haha

I honestly would never have wrote microscope, it sounds so simple now 😂
GUYS YOU aren't going to believe this. As a TA student I forgot the word for a ****ing microscope hahahaha. I put magnescope LMAO i'm so retarded **** me

and yes

N/A
Glass
Water

For the equation question what was the answer?

T=a(mxg+F) I put, didn't have a clue. I think it was T=MA+F
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jackcoys
GUYS YOU aren't going to believe this. As a TA student I forgot the word for a ****ing microscope hahahaha. I put magnescope LMAO i'm so retarded **** me

and yes

N/A
Glass
Water

For the equation question what was the answer?

T=a(mxg+F) I put, didn't have a clue. I think it was T=MA+F

Was that the equation on the second page? I wrote T-F=M x A (Newton's second law factoring in friction?)

and hahahaha magnescope:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah. That's it. Basically the same. Don't know why I did mxg hopefully they'll only take 1 mark off me.
Anyone know how to get the constant forward force? I had no idea so just wrote a random number down to get follow through marks in the next bit!!
Original post by Sugarsweet2
Anyone know how to get the constant forward force? I had no idea so just wrote a random number down to get follow through marks in the next bit!!

I said 36! I just used when acceleration is 0, forward force is 30+6
Reply 1051
Original post by Sugarsweet2

I did part iii) first and used the formula from the first page (t-F=ma) which gave you mass as 60kg, then i went back and substituted this into the equation again for part ii) which gave you 36N
What did everyone get for the last few centripetal force questions for TA physics?
I've found these DAS papers really difficult/confusing idk, they've all been very odd in how they actually ask the question

also, did anyone get 1.5x10 to the 14 for one of them? i think it was the first calculation?
Original post by caitlin121
What did everyone get for the last few centripetal force questions for TA physics?

I don't know about reducing the speed, I said you'll have more time to turn the car. For the radius I said increase to decrease the centripetal force. Wasn't sure on those explanations but they were only 1 mark.
[QUOTE=nmeechan;65966308]I've found these DAS papers really difficult/confusing idk, they've all been very odd in how they actually ask the question

also, did anyone get 1.5x10 to the 14 for one of them? i think it was the first calculation? was that the wavelength? i got 150m
Reply 1056
For TA physics what did people put for the moments question and why it was not balanced?? I said it was because it had to be 56cm away from the pivot to be balanced but the ruler was pivoted at 50cm making it impossible to be balanced at that distance?
For the formula question I said 'resultant force=mass x acceleration' I always **** up questions when it asks to sub in letters etc😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1058
someone please help with chemistry
[QUOTE=RIPme;65988749]someone please help with chemistry what do you need help with?

Quick Reply