The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level English Language Exam 23rd May 2016

Does anyone have some last minute revision advice?
What do you think will come up on the exam (text wise)?
Does everyone feel prepared enough?
Reply 1
I'm resitting this exam tomorrow and I'm so scared! Got a D in the exam and B in coursework last year so was a C but ideally want a B.

I've only revised gender for section B! How's it going for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah- as the exam is on the 8th and I have 13 days without any exams as paper 2 is my last exam, I have started revising for that one yet.

For Paper 1 I'm hoping it should go well for me as I'm really into this type of English and I kind of find it easy
Original post by Lois Bradley
Yeah- as the exam is on the 8th and I have 13 days without any exams as paper 2 is my last exam, I have started revising for that one yet.

For Paper 1 I'm hoping it should go well for me as I'm really into this type of English and I kind of find it easy

I am sitting this exam tomorrow as well, what is your planned structure for question 3, the compare and contrast?

I have no idea, I am thinking on leaving out some points to talk about in the question 3 but not sure
For Question 3 I've been taught to do at least 3 paragraphs on a contextual approach

1. Subject (obviously the same)
2. Audience/ Register (normally linked, could be diff or same depending on the texts we get)
3. Purpose/ Mode/ Genre (again normally linked and could be different)

Then a short line concluding the question (basically summarising your points)

My teacher has told me not to focus on the analysis on Q3 as the majority of it should've been completed in the Q1 and 2. This should be a mainly contextual focus question

Also, if you are stuck on a plan think of RTA acronym:
Represented
Technique
Analysis

Quick Reply

Latest