The Student Room Group

School bans whistle as "too aggressive"

From The Sunday Times.

Staff at St Monica's Catholic primary in Milton Keynes must raise a hand in the air to mark the end of playground breaks.

1463915360684-812160245.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Christianity is under attack
Social Justice Yes!
Haha, we've done that at my school since the bell broke. It's works well but obviously takes a minute or two for the children to notice.
They should use jazz hands haha
That cartoon accompianing the story is brilliant BTW. 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm waiting for the first school to ban every sports which involves slight contact for being "too aggressive".
Reply 7
Original post by kkboyk
I'm waiting for the first school to ban every sports which involves slight contact for being "too aggressive".

No no, they'd just ban any form of competition because if someone loses they'd have their feelings hurt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh dear
tht song too gd :smile:
Because screaming them all back in after play time is less aggressive :rolleyes:
Anyone in Milton Keynes should be brought up to be less sensitive than others to noise, as next year their franchise FC football club will hear a lot of noise when AFC Wimbledon visit.
I am so glad I left primary/secondary education just before it started going downhill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drewski
No no, they'd just ban any form of competition because if someone loses they'd have their feelings hurt.

It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that these institutions are supposed to help prepare kids for adult life. For this reason, it's tragic when these cases come about. They're doing such a disservice to the kids.
Original post by KimKallstrom
It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that these institutions are supposed to help prepare kids for adult life. For this reason, it's tragic when these cases come about. They're doing such a disservice to the kids.

These are the same places that hand out 'you tried' medals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The triggering is real y'all.
:redface:
Oh dear.
And how many are really going to take notice of that? As someone with sight problems, (I do have hearing problems too; but I hear better than I see) a noise is better for me than a visual prompt.
I really doubt this is leftist/progressive thing as this is a Christian school.

Its just that I can already feel the approach of an orgy of self-righteous indignation about PC culture or whatever and I don't think this is the right target.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending