Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

English literature unit 1 AQA GCSE questions

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

How does Baines use the symbolism of the compass and the torch to presentideas about the relationship between the boy and his father inCompass and Torch?

(b)How is symbolism used to present ideas in one other story fromSunlight on the Grass?

How does Wigfall present family life in When the Wasps Drowned?

(b) How is family life presented in one other story from Sunlight on the Grass?

And then

Part (a)In this passage, how does Steinbeck introduce the relationship between George and Lennie?Refer closely to details from the passage in your response.

(b)In the rest of the novel, how does Steinbeck present ideas about relationships on a ranchat the time the novel is set?

Above, is the English literature unit past paper for 2015. I will be doing mine tomorrow and I would like to ask some questions on how to properly answer the questions

1) Which questions do I comment on the affect on the reader or do I do that for all of them
    2) Do I have to mention the language technique used in all points I make: Eg Steinbeck uses verbs to ....
    3) Which ones do I have to add a conclusion and introduction for
    4) On which questions would I need to comment on structure, Eg for the first question shown. How would I comment on the structure for first two sets of questions like the family life one?
    5) Do I include language devices for section B of the of mice and men section
    6) What are somethings I should avoid doing
    7) Can I mention context at all in section A of the of mice and men section

Also if anyone can provide me with an example of paragraph that answers any of these questions I listed above, it would be very useful to me.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.