The Student Room Group

Accurate and Concise - Advantages and Disadvantages

Hey there, I have my Business Studies AQA GCSE Exam on Wednesday and I was wondering whenever i answer a 9 mark question I always seem to "waffle" on about the advantages and disadvantages which are only worth 4 marks whereas the conclusion is max 5 marks.

Here's an example of how i want the structure to be:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selling shares would be a cheaper option as he does not have to pay interest.
However, most of the funds would come from family and friends as he has very little money and so he may lose the control of the business that he wants.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any quick tips on how to execute the first section of the Advantages and Disadvantages successfully? [This can go for ANY subject not just Business Studies].
Original post by Divinchi
Hey there, I have my Business Studies AQA GCSE Exam on Wednesday and I was wondering whenever i answer a 9 mark question I always seem to "waffle" on about the advantages and disadvantages which are only worth 4 marks whereas the conclusion is max 5 marks.

Here's an example of how i want the structure to be:
Selling shares would be a cheaper option as he does not have to pay interest.
However, most of the funds would come from family and friends as he has very little money and so he may lose the control of the business that he wants.

Any quick tips on how to execute the first section of the Advantages and Disadvantages successfully? [This can go for ANY subject not just Business Studies].

I used to keep it very rigid, so would write a potential advantage would be, a potential disadvantage would be. Just stick to a similar structure and it should keep it quite concise.

Quick Reply

Latest