The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Applying for accommodation

I will begin my BA at KCL this fall, so I'm thinking about applying for accommodation that KCL provides. My concern is that I need to fill in if I want accommodation that costs under £189 pw, which basically would mean that all the bigger en-suites and studios would be excluded as options for me if I suppose. Nevertheless, I would love to live in an en-suite or studio and my budget allows a rent up to £250 pw. But... I'm afraid that if I don't mark the "want a £189 maximum rent", I'll be assigned a more expensive en-suite or studio than I can afford. The most expensive once costs £300+ pw and I would never be able to survive with a rent that high. For me, the difference between a studio for £240 pw and one for £320 pw is enormous.

So, my question is: how do I fill in the accommodation application in the smartest way so that I hopefully can get an accommodation that meets my wishes? (Large en-suite or studio).

And... Lets say that I get a proposal for an accommodation I can't afford. What are my options then? Can I say thank you but no thank you and get another offer or is the first offer the only one I can get?
Reply 1
Hi, I'm on the Champions Hill Residence and I live in a en-suite room, here we paid 189 per week. (I have my room available now if you want to!)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest