The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Lit: NOT REVISING, GONNA IMPROVISE A WELL WRITTEN ESSAY?

What do you think? I have Physics, Geography and Business Studies to worry about.
Reply 1
As long as you know the plot, know where things are in the book and have a few quotes picked out, you might be alright.
Minimal Revision: Watch a youtube video on each chararcter
Make a list of themes, and memorise a few quotes for each- link to characters

You dont have to write anything long, but this will give you a little security and wont take long- quite passive revision too
Are you generally good at english?
Reply 3
English lit is more important than your business studies. I got a B last year and A in Lit. Mostly BS my way through Lit and it paid off. And you don't really need business studies to do it at A Level. So go pick revise it. At least the structure of an essay
Reply 4
Original post by TSR2016
English lit is more important than your business studies. I got a B last year and A in Lit. Mostly BS my way through Lit and it paid off. And you don't really need business studies to do it at A Level. So go pick revise it. At least the structure of an essay

I'm just worried about the way examiners award marks. They go through an essay and write in the margin "Band 1.3," "Band 4.4" etc.
Reply 5
Original post by PolarisVega
Minimal Revision: Watch a youtube video on each chararcter
Make a list of themes, and memorise a few quotes for each- link to characters

You dont have to write anything long, but this will give you a little security and wont take long- quite passive revision too
Are you generally good at english?

I usually get B grades in Literature, just by chatting ****. However, I'm worried I could slip to a C because of the grade boundaries.
Reply 6
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I usually get B grades in Literature, just by chatting ****. However, I'm worried I could slip to a C because of the grade boundaries.

When you get to sixth form, gcses don't mean anything. Just take a look at what uni requires for gcse. But remember if you get good a levels they won't reject you cuz you got a C in English . I'm pretty sure they remember what it was like to be 15
Original post by Jamie Vardy

Do what I said,
and if you like reading and literature in general then try to have a positive mindset in the exam and think about why you like the text, if you do.
Take risks and be perceptive, stick to a general structure and believe in yourself.
You could trick yourself in to thinking youre ready.. dont quite know how that would work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending