The Student Room Group

Nursing degree

Can you take a nursing degree without doing any science or healthcare related subjects? Which universities would accept on geog, history, govern and politics?
Im trying to do a lot of volunteering involved in nursing to also boost my likelihood of acceptance but I don't think its looking good.
Original post by whoneedseton
Can you take a nursing degree without doing any science or healthcare related subjects? Which universities would accept on geog, history, govern and politics?
Im trying to do a lot of volunteering involved in nursing to also boost my likelihood of acceptance but I don't think its looking good.

Most universities require a science at A Level, so you would need to carefully look at the entry requirements and maybe phone up admissions departments to enquire. That, of course, isn't to say that you won't get a place just because you haven't done a science, but it might limit your choices of university significantly. If you've shown you have real passion for the course (volunteering etc.) then you should still stand a fair chance, admissions tutors know that people change their minds and circumstances change. If you're not successful, you can always look into an access course to bump up your science qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending