The Student Room Group

Uni 2007/2008

Right, being my lazy self ive gone and co*ked up FP2, NM and S2.... (MEI)

Which means im now gonna have to retake those modules Next year which isn't too bad because i am taking a year out to do an IT course.

I need to look into what university im going to have a good chance to go too.

I should have and A in normal maths... But because of the lack of work and revision for my whole AS/A2 course im looking at getting a D in further maths... Of course i will be retaking in an attempt to bring it too atleast a B.
Im also doing a Fast-track IT course next year.

I have an A* in Maths and B in english at GCSE.

Universities i would like to go to

Warwick, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool. (Any others you think may suit me?)

I have a passion for maths but due to my lack of work am unlikely to get into Warwick or Manchester. Im planning on Reading Pure.

Thanks Luke
Reply 1
You probably wouldn't stand a chance for Warwick without at an A in further maths first time round. If they did let you in with retakes they'd probably have heightened requirements regarding other a-levels and STEP/AEA. Don't think the rest should be too much of a problem as long as you get AAB-BBB (not sure on their exact requirements).
Reply 2
Cheers, one of my maths teachers works with warwick so i might be able to have a boosted reference there... but thats the only chance i can have to get in. Theres no reason i couldn't of got and A in further maths if i had put in a little extra effort.
Reply 3
Hi,
Warwick is easily the best place to do maths apart from cambridge or oxford.
I actually got in without further maths at all, but did STEP, but that was a few years ago.

The lecturers and tutors here are far superior than anywhere else.
nsx2050
Hi,
Warwick is easily the best place to do maths apart from cambridge or oxford.
I actually got in without further maths at all, but did STEP, but that was a few years ago.

The lecturers and tutors here are far superior than anywhere else.

Such objective wisdom :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Not to mention completely unrequested!

Latest