Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Star trek

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the greatness which is star trek?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Despise it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Garak. Enough said.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Star Trek? Geeks please get a life
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it sucks.

hardcore.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Garak. Enough said.
    Garak!!!! you want gul dukat, he's much more evil.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Garak!!!! you want gul dukat, he's much more evil.
    He has his moments, though i rather went off him when his sole objective became the death of Sisko. Garak is the single greatest character in the history of sci fi though
    • followers

One can hardly beat this level of class:

Bashir: "Which one was true"?
    Garak: "They were all true, my good Dr"
    Bashir: "even the lies?"
    Garak: "especially the lies"

(I write from memory, so please forgive me if it's not a 100% accurate quote)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He has his moments, though i rather went off him when his sole objective became the death of Sisko. Garak is the single greatest character in the history of sci fi though
    No, the greatest character in sci fi history has to be reg barcley, he is pure genious.
    • followers

No, the greatest character in sci fi history has to be reg barcley, he is pure genious.
    What, Broccoli? sppppeh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :0 granted, as for greatest moment...has to be the death of that bint tasha yar by a minor oil spill in what was surely one of the cheapest star trek episodes of all time.
    • followers

BTW, has anyone got the DVDs?

I completed my DS9 DVD collection the other day (thanks to the HMV sale), and also have the complete TNG series 1-7.

I'm not going to bother with Voyager for the time being (never really got into Voyager).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :0 granted, as for greatest moment...has to be the death of that bint tasha yar by a minor oil spill in what was surely one of the cheapest star trek episodes of all time.
    Oh no, the best episode has to be the one where lakswana troy has that disease where she makes everyone in the area have her emotions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    BTW, has anyone got the DVDs?

I completed my DS9 DVD collection the other day (thanks to the HMV sale), and also have the complete TNG series 1-7.

I'm not going to bother with Voyager for the time being (never really got into Voyager).
    Ive got a considerable amount of DS9 on video, season 5 has to be the greatest star trek ever. As for voyager likewise i was never to into it, but its final episode (while being a steaming load of turd plotwise) is very enjoyable and far better made than the very disappointing finale of DS9.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, the best episode has to be the one where lakswana troy has that disease where she makes everyone in the area have her emotions.
    lol that takes me back :'D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a considerable amount of DS9 on video, season 5 has to be the greatest star trek ever. As for voyager likewise i was never to into it, but its final episode (while being a steaming load of turd plotwise) is very enjoyable and far better made than the very disappointing finale of DS9.
    I know, I mean almost everything worked out fine.

Are any of you lot getting that star trek DVD mag?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol that takes me back :'D
    Other good episodes from DS9 were little green men and trials and tribulations, they really were good.
    • followers

One of my friends spent over a £1,000 buying all the TNG episodes on video.

And then DVDs become popular, the prices of videos in general collapsed (especially Star Trek ones - they sell at the Works shops for a £1 these days), and he no longer was satisfied with the quality of the tapes.

He then bought all TNG on DVD @ £85 per series.

And then the prices fell to £40 on play.com!

Poor chap.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Are any of you lot getting that star trek DVD mag?
    I saw that advertised and was sorely tempted but i havent really paid much attention to star trek in years, im in the mood for some wrath of khan now though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I saw that advertised and was sorely tempted but i havent really paid much attention to star trek in years, im in the mood for some wrath of khan now though
    wrath of khan is good, but the best by far has to be first contact.
Updated: September 1, 2004
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.