The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Retake Thread

Hey! How's everyone feeling about the retake tomorrow? Any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I have a feeling that maybe Loftus and Palmer may come up in Section B and then potentially the Individual Differences approach in Section C? Just because I don't think that either of them have came up in the past 2 years.
Original post by Elennox98
I have a feeling that maybe Loftus and Palmer may come up in Section B and then potentially the Individual Differences approach in Section C? Just because I don't think that either of them have came up in the past 2 years.

I thought possibly
Section B- maguire, savage-rumbaugh,Griffiths or Samuel and Bryant
Section C - Developmental or social

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with the possibility that Social & Developmental might come up because they haven't as much as the other approaches/perspectives :smile::smile:

As for Section B there's quite a few studies that could come up, Maguire, Griffiths, Savage Rumbaugh and Samuel and Bryant are the ones that haven't come up since 2012 and before
Other studies that came up in 2013 were, Freud, Rosenhan, Sperry, Loftus & Palmer & BarenCohen
(edited 7 years ago)
Behaviourist could come up for section C because that has only been used twice, although totally have a feeling about Social and Developmental!
I also predict Maguire, Savage-Rumbaugh, and Samuel and Bryant may come up for Section B.

What are you hoping to get this time round?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by seasonalskins
Behaviourist could come up for section C because that has only been used twice, although totally have a feeling about Social and Developmental!
I also predict Maguire, Savage-Rumbaugh, and Samuel and Bryant may come up for Section B.

What are you hoping to get this time round?

I get what you mean about behaviourist and the studies seem alright and doable. What do you think about Section B??
Reply 6
Do you guys think they will keep to the normal structure for section C or change it up like they did last year?
Original post by Amy12368
Do you guys think they will keep to the normal structure for section C or change it up like they did last year?

They could do it again but I don't even remember what it was last year?!! If someone does, please could you reply back to this >_<
have tried to predict whats going to come up in section b but cant find all the mark schemes
Original post by CandyDance
They could do it again but I don't even remember what it was last year?!! If someone does, please could you reply back to this >_<

Last year they changed the 12 marker at the end to strengths and weaknesses about ethics within the approach/perspective and the year before they changed it to lab experiments
if people are predicting right, I can see them changing the 12 marker if social to field experiments, or if behaviourist something like self report, developmental observations, stuff like that!
Thank you so much!!! I feel like it would be worth thinking about field experiments, self reports and observations for the 12 markers
Reply 11
Would it be something like 'outline the strengths and weaknessss of the social approach in terms of field experiments? For example? If they changed it?
I have a feeling they'll probably pick an easier study i.e. Loftus and Palmer when it comes to results with a couple of harder ones i.e. Savage-Rumbaugh.

I hope to god observation isn't in the 12 marker though, anything else is fine I guess - just need to do better than a C this time.
Would it be something like 'outline the strengths and weaknessss of the social approach in terms of field experiments? For example? If they changed it?

I think it would be something like: Outline strengths and weaknesses of field experiments, support your answer with studies in the social approach (12)
Reply 14
Original post by CandyDance
I think it would be something like: Outline strengths and weaknesses of field experiments, support your answer with studies in the social approach (12)

Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!

You'd just mention generic strengths and weaknesses of field experiments and evidence using the studies!!
You're welcome :smile:
Original post by alexbacon98
I have a feeling they'll probably pick an easier study i.e. Loftus and Palmer when it comes to results with a couple of harder ones i.e. Savage-Rumbaugh.

I hope to god observation isn't in the 12 marker though, anything else is fine I guess - just need to do better than a C this time.

Same here!
How would you answer 12 marker because isn't Piliavin the only field experiment in the social approach??
Original post by lilyathompson
How would you answer 12 marker because isn't Piliavin the only field experiment in the social approach??

Could possibly use other social-based studies such as Griffiths, Rosenhan etc, only a guess though
Original post by alexbacon98
Could possibly use other social-based studies such as Griffiths, Rosenhan etc, only a guess though

This happened when i was answering a question once where there was only one study but the mark scheme does credit other studies if you back up your points well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending