The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

What do people think might come up for the German Depth Study side? My teacher thinks that it might be the later years with all the youth stuff and strenth through joy etc. because the later years apparently haven't come up ? (though I don't know how true this is)
I think strength through joy etc.. has cone up before as I think the question was about the Nazi economic policies. But it was a long time ago so it could come up again. I think it has a good chance of coming up tomorrow, as well as women and the Hitler youth as they havent come up for ages (at least I hope one of them comes up) I think the source questions might be based more around Weimar as that hasnt come up for ages either. Im not really sure though tbh, just try and learn as many facts and dates as they make you sound smart aha :smile:
Is anyone else doing two topics in paper 1? I'm doing Germany AND crime and punishment tomorrow :lolwut: i feel like no one else is doing this
Original post by I'm_infires
I'm exactly the same as you! Vietnam is the one topic I haven't revised and don't know many dates for (though I know my basic stuff) and am PRAYING that it doesn't come up. It came up as the compulsory source question in 2014 and I just hope they do Cold War 2 years in a row since many people suspect it to be Vietnam so I'm hoping OCR plays on that and gives Cold War instead.

Im like the complete opposite I really like and understand the vietnam stuff. But my worst is the orgins of the cold war (which I know a lot of people have predicted as apparently theres some sort of trend with the compulsory questions) I feel a bit more confident with the orgins after a lot of revision today but Im scared its going to be some extremely impossible, badly worded question :frown:
Original post by Raven Gallop
I think strength through joy etc.. has cone up before as I think the question was about the Nazi economic policies. But it was a long time ago so it could come up again. I think it has a good chance of coming up tomorrow, as well as women and the Hitler youth as they havent come up for ages (at least I hope one of them comes up) I think the source questions might be based more around Weimar as that hasnt come up for ages either. Im not really sure though tbh, just try and learn as many facts and dates as they make you sound smart aha :smile:

Wow if these come up then I'm set :smile:)) I just struggle with structure a lot. I tend to waffle on (to put all the facts in lol) and sometimes end up not answering the question properly :frown: I dunno I mess up answering the question somehow even though I know the facts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ella_08
Is anyone else doing two topics in paper 1? I'm doing Germany AND crime and punishment tomorrow :lolwut: i feel like no one else is doing this

I swear everyone does two topics? I do Cold War and the Germany depth study

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear everyone does two topics? I do Cold War and the Germany depth study

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooh good!! Dw it's just me being clueless (;
Wow if these come up then I'm set :smile:)) I just struggle with structure a lot. I tend to waffle on (to put all the facts in lol) and sometimes end up not answering the question properly :frown: I dunno I mess up answering the question somehow even though I know the facts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :smile: + omg I know what you mean, I literally do the same thing. My teacher said that for 6 marks to make 1 clear developed point then stop and look at the question again, and then in another paragraph to do the 2nd developed point. In 10 marks to just agree with the statement (2 developed points) and then disagree (2 developed points) and hen have a few lines of an evaluative conclusion. Its so hard not to ramble, but I just try and slow down and think for a second what its actually asking me aha :smile: I used to make a little plan before writing, so that might work for you?
Original post by Raven Gallop
Same :smile: + omg I know what you mean, I literally do the same thing. My teacher said that for 6 marks to make 1 clear developed point then stop and look at the question again, and then in another paragraph to do the 2nd developed point. In 10 marks to just agree with the statement (2 developed points) and then disagree (2 developed points) and hen have a few lines of an evaluative conclusion. Its so hard not to ramble, but I just try and slow down and think for a second what its actually asking me aha :smile: I used to make a little plan before writing, so that might work for you?

Thanks! The thing is I kinda know these already but I guess right then in the exam my head freezes up but I'll take your advice and try to slow down :smile: thanks a lot :smile:

and do you know how to answer the "message of the cartoon[ist]" questions? I tend to open it up by saying the purpose/message straight away cause saying that alone apparently will get you like 3 or 4 marks and then pick out details and contextual knowledge? I should check past mark schemes. I'll do that now

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should check past mark schemes. I'll do that now

Posted from TSR Mobile

1465144141900.jpg
1465144159542.jpg
1465144181677.jpg

WOOOOWW if this is all you need to get the marks I FRICKEN WAFFLE ON SO BAD IT COULD FEED ALL THE STARVING CHILDREN OF THE WORLD WOW I WASTE MY TIME

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Thanks! The thing is I kinda know these already but I guess right then in the exam my head freezes up but I'll take your advice and try to slow down :smile: thanks a lot :smile:

and do you know how to answer the "message of the cartoon[ist]" questions? I tend to open it up by saying the purpose/message straight away cause saying that alone apparently will get you like 3 or 4 marks and then pick out details and contextual knowledge? I should check past mark schemes. I'll do that now

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the message sources no matter what you do always remember to state the explicit message because it gives you the most marks. Then add contextual knowledge to reinforce your interpretation that the main message is what you think. My teacher also mentioned that in a recent examiners report they expressed that marks are awarded for mentioning the tone e.g. ' It criticises Hitler' and what that implies.If you mention all that you should be fine ☺️.
Original post by d.aniel
For the message sources no matter what you do always remember to state the explicit message because it gives you the most marks. Then add contextual knowledge to reinforce your interpretation that the main message is what you think. My teacher also mentioned that in a recent examiners report they expressed that marks are awarded for mentioning the tone e.g. ' It criticises Hitler' and what that implies.If you mention all that you should be fine ☺️.

Thank you :smile: I'm checking out mark schemes rn and they actually help a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Original post by salty670
what questions do you struggle on ? the 4,6,10 ones or the source interpretations ?

I struggle with the 6 marks but when they use a picture☹️☹️ A text/speech/quote is so much easier
Original post by soccerdude007
I do
Paper 1: International relations- the inter war years and Mao's China depth study (Mao's China is so hard
)
Paper 2: British Depth study 1890-1918

its not really; what are you struggling with?
I'm doing Aspects of International Relations with Germany and im praying for the cartoon question to be on the The Cold War. I just havent clicked with the Vietnam War or Hitlers rise to power - around him being made chancellor and to when he became dictator. Good luck to everyone tomorrow :smile:
Does anyone know how long we are supposed to spend on each question/ section??
Original post by mariam687
i hate paper 1 but im rlly gd at paper 2..

LOL, I am good at paper 1 but I hate paper 2 ahaha
Good luck to everyone tomorrow X
Original post by sophia.f
LOL, I am good at paper 1 but I hate paper 2 ahaha

haha
im still revising germany!!

havent started cold war or vietnam yet..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending