The Student Room Group

Can Unis offer you a place if you're predicted grades are one grade lower?

I'm going to do the EPQ whilst doing A2. I want to do history of Art at either Manchester or Leicester. Their typical offers are BBB, however if I get predicted BBC and I'm doing the EPQ ,do I have a slight chance of being offered a place? Or should I just not bother applying if I get predicted those grades? I'm also doing 'facilitating' subjects: English Lit, history and Geography...would that help me as well?
They might. Its worth a shot. Although don't use all of your spaces on unis which has higher requirements.
I was predicted AAB and got an AAA course offer, so yes.
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I'm going to do the EPQ whilst doing A2. I want to do history of Art at either Manchester or Leicester. Their typical offers are BBB, however if I get predicted BBC and I'm doing the EPQ ,do I have a slight chance of being offered a place? Or should I just not bother applying if I get predicted those grades? I'm also doing 'facilitating' subjects: English Lit, history and Geography...would that help me as well?

You have five choices so go for a range. Say 1 aspirational, 2 equal to your grades and 2 below, or 2/2/1 or 1/3/1. Just don't make it 5/0.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending