The Student Room Group

university

Someone tells what university life is like !!
Becuz soon I'll start going to the uni :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

24/7 partying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not what you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All-nighters. Stress headaches. Awkward hellos in the hallways. Regretting decisions. Seemingly never-ending assignments/tests. Freshman 15, if you're not careful.

All that good stuff.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bella♡

Original post by babyshawte
It's not what you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not true...after first year its tougher:O
Original post by Bella♡

Hello there! :smile:

It'd be a cliche to say this, but, university is what you make it.
University is a mixture. It's finding your independence, it's growing up and discovering how you work and live by yourself. It's a massive social change and making new friends and making new contacts that will help you professionally etc.
It's partying (if you want to do that) and making some hilarious memories. It's learning to cook weird and wonderful meals, some questionable, others high quality. It's learning to live with very little and sometimes a lot. It's having up days and down days and having no idea which are which. It's completely losing yourself and yet finding yourself at the same time. It's studying really hard some days and others having completely lazy days. It's going to lectures either hungover, tired or wide awake. It's sometimes learning something useful and sometimes being bored. It's missing home and then wanting nothing but to be at university. And so on and so fourth!

But at the end of the day, it's what you do with your time there.
Reply 8
I love it compared to college and school
Reply 9
Everything youve heard about university its the opposite :angry:
Reply 10
Original post by babyshawte
It's not what you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do u mean? !!
Reply 11
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello there! :smile:

It'd be a cliche to say this, but, university is what you make it.
University is a mixture. It's finding your independence, it's growing up and discovering how you work and live by yourself. It's a massive social change and making new friends and making new contacts that will help you professionally etc.
It's partying (if you want to do that) and making some hilarious memories. It's learning to cook weird and wonderful meals, some questionable, others high quality. It's learning to live with very little and sometimes a lot. It's having up days and down days and having no idea which are which. It's completely losing yourself and yet finding yourself at the same time. It's studying really hard some days and others having completely lazy days. It's going to lectures either hungover, tired or wide awake. It's sometimes learning something useful and sometimes being bored. It's missing home and then wanting nothing but to be at university. And so on and so fourth!

But at the end of the day, it's what you do with your time there.

Wow!! I like the way u talked about university experience :smile:

Thanks alot for ur smart comment :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ikhan94
Everything youve heard about university its the opposite :angry:

Why?!!
Original post by Bella♡
Wow!! I like the way u talked about university experience :smile:

Thanks alot for ur smart comment :smile:

No problem, if you have any other questions or queries please feel free to message me - I also run a student blog about my entire university experience from 1st year to 2nd and so on. If you'd like it, let me know!
Original post by trustmeimlying1
not true...after first year its tougher:O

*cries real life tears*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bella♡
What do u mean? !!

Just wait till you get there init.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bella♡

University is what you make it. At school and stuff I was very socially awkward and being at uni made me grow as a person especially being more confident and believing in myself. I've met amazing people all from different ages and life experiences and sharing that with me, I've learned a lot. I don't go to many parties but I don't miss out either. Newman being so small word get around if you feel you missed out them people share to make it seem like you were there :smile: Its also amazing learning and improving skills that will help in the work placement.
I especially like meeting erasmus students and learning about their country and culture! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Kam Brar
University is what you make it. At school and stuff I was very socially awkward and being at uni made me grow as a person especially being more confident and believing in myself. I've met amazing people all from different ages and life experiences and sharing that with me, I've learned a lot. I don't go to many parties but I don't miss out either. Newman being so small word get around if you feel you missed out them people share to make it seem like you were there :smile: Its also amazing learning and improving skills that will help in the work placement.
I especially like meeting erasmus students and learning about their country and culture! :smile:

Cool
How many years have u spent in the uni ?
Original post by Bella♡

It is really what you make it and depends on you as a person. It is not what it seems/what people may lead you to believe. Don't go with sky high expectations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I've just finished up my last year (4 years spent in total). Gave up on the idea of a student life by the end of the first year after I only scraped by with a 2.2 and needed to step up my game. I didn't find any of the work particularly difficult, I think I was just slow to adjust to the load. Second, third and fourth year were unpleasant, especially once that dreaded dissertation (or final year project for me) came around. Poured my life into it.

Quick Reply

Latest