The Student Room Group

Clearing question

The course I've applied for has been in clearing every year for the past five years is to being fairly unpopular. I need a B to meet my offer.

Let's say I get a C, and therefore haven't met my offer, yet the course goes into clearing. Can I apply for that course again through clearing?
Thanks!
Original post by Thewinglessfairy
The course I've applied for has been in clearing every year for the past five years is to being fairly unpopular. I need a B to meet my offer.

Let's say I get a C, and therefore haven't met my offer, yet the course goes into clearing. Can I apply for that course again through clearing?
Thanks!

No you can't as they will have had the time (they get results a few days before applicants do) to consider you for that place. It's a possibility missing by one grade means they will still accept you
Original post by Thewinglessfairy

Thanks!

Technically you could - there's nothing to prevent you from reapplying through clearing to any course with vacancies.

However if you miss your offer then your firm wont automatically reject you - they'll look at their numbers and the results of their firm and insurance students and make a judgement about whether to take any applicants with missed grades and if so who to take.

That means if you're in clearing on results day then your university will already have considered your application before deciding to reject you. For clearing before you make anything official on Track you have to speak to the university concerned over the phone or via email and have an offer in principle (if you add a choice on track without contacting a uni first then they're likely to bounce you straight back into clearing). If you phone up a university that has rejected you with lower grades about clearing vacancies then it's VERY unlikely that they'll be willing to reconsider you (although it isn't completely unheard of).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending