Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel lonely but not sure whether to go searching for a gf

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

So I used to be in a relationship for about 1 year and a bit.My gf broke up with me for the silliest reason ever in year 12. AS grades were rubbish because of depression. Now in year 13, everything's on the rise, grades getting to the top bands and I should be going to university in September.

My dilemma is that I feel lonely at times, having just that somebody you really care for that is more than just a best friend does a world of good (I'm a guy by the way).

But there's my mind telling me to wait and not rush anything, wait until university because you have so many different types of girls you will meet that will probably be more to your liking...

Help pls

Probably best to wait until uni, but that's no guarantee you'll find anyone.

I agree with the above poster, wait until Uni, there you will girls on your course, around the uni, joining clubs and societies will help too.

I would also suggest joining sports clubs, salsa dancing, doing on-line dating, going to speed dating events or in general approaching women. Once you have finished uni you can meet someone at work or through someone. Just keep going and believe you can.

I wish you the very best!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.