Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

English Exam tomorrow!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I have the AQA english lit unit 1 exam tomorrow, how much are you supposed to write for the 2 parts of Section A + B?

We have 45 minutes for Section A, we're recommended to write 3 PEEEEE paragraphs if not 3 then 2 they should be on structure and language analysis. For Section B we have 25 minutes for Little a which is all language analysis and 3 paragraphs and for little b we have 20 minutes for 2 paragraphs on context and themes. Section B paragraphs should be written in the format of PEEE

(Original post by lukejf)
    I have the AQA english lit unit 1 exam tomorrow, how much are you supposed to write for the 2 parts of Section A + B?
    At my school, we are encouraged to write four paragraphs for each section. I'm not sure which texts you study, but for LotF in Section A, you choose one question and write four points on it, then for Section B (I study OMAM) you answer both questions, with two paragraphs for each.
    As you have 45 minutes for each section, to do 4 paragraphs, you can allocate yourself five minutes for planning and 10 minutes per paragraph for each one.
    Good luck, hope this helps!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.