The Student Room Group

Second year application maintenance grant

Hi, I have recently applied for student finance for second year 2016/17 and just need to send of my declaration form. However, I'm just wondering, after my dad gave his finance details so I know how much money I'm getting, I've been told that as well as the maintenance loan, I'm also getting a maintenance grant. I got a grant last year, but I thought the government had stopped giving the grant, or is that only for new students?

Also when re-applying, I can't remember there being an option for what year I am in and as I'm going into year 2 i wanted to make sure my student finance is for second year and was wondering is there a way to check this? Or does this not matter?
Many thanks (hope this all makes sense)
Original post by Adam1995
Hi, I have recently applied for student finance for second year 2016/17 and just need to send of my declaration form. However, I'm just wondering, after my dad gave his finance details so I know how much money I'm getting, I've been told that as well as the maintenance loan, I'm also getting a maintenance grant. I got a grant last year, but I thought the government had stopped giving the grant, or is that only for new students?

Also when re-applying, I can't remember there being an option for what year I am in and as I'm going into year 2 i wanted to make sure my student finance is for second year and was wondering is there a way to check this? Or does this not matter?
Many thanks (hope this all makes sense)

That's only for new students, you ll still get a grant. That shouldn't matter, they should realise which year you are in:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending