Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Designated Courses

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I have just been accepted on a BA Hons Degree in Musical Theatre in London, the course has been designated in both England and Scotland but not in Wales and therefore I cannot get Student finance in Wales.

    Is there anyway around this unfairness, just cause I am welsh I cannot go on the course

    If my parents moved to England how long would they need to be resident before I could apply to SFE. or would this not be allowed.

    I am aware that I cannot move to England for the course and apply in England, but I am moving to London to follow my career would this make a difference.

    Firstly, contact SFW/SLC, explain the course details, tell them you're unsure whether you can get funding, they may at their discretion organise funding for you!

    As for moving to England, it's three years prior to the start of the course, so you could not feasibly move and still entertain the original offer.

    If SFW/SLC cannot organise funding, I advise you to contact the university, they have finance officers who are specifically trained to deal with edge-cases such as yourself.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.