The Student Room Group

CIE iGCSE English Literature 0486 - ***2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DreamingBigger
ok I'll sum them up a bit though
for prejudice, i have obviously got all the shylock stuff and then compare it to Othello and how shylock is made to seem like the deserved comedic loser due to his greed but Othello is the tragic protagonist.
then I have all the religion stuff cause they always make shylock nameless just Jew but then everything virtuous and perfect is Christian, e.g. Antonios Christian blood in the trial
for hypocrisy there's all the trial stuff and the mercy and then suddenly it flips and bassanios speech near the caskets bit about the deceived by ornament

I could probably discuss if the play is comic or tragic with ref to King Lear and Hamlet or the female role with Jessica, Portia and Nerissa but I'd prefer the more interesting ones like prejudice

Hope this helps you
:smile:

nice, thank you :smile:

tbh I only had one of those in common :') rip I'v never linked to other Shakespeare plays :afraid: only, like, context stuff from the contemporary audience and their racism (Jew of Malta - Marlowe)

hm

anyway, best of luck! And thanks!
Original post by Milzime
niicee
I chose 'At the word farewell' though, only because the question was more vague :h:

are you doing Merchant of Venice tomorrow? I literally have no idea how to revise :s

i was going to, but i am doing inspector calls :///
Original post by Milzime
nice, thank you :smile:

tbh I only had one of those in common :':wink: rip I'v never linked to other Shakespeare plays :afraid: only, like, context stuff from the contemporary audience and their racism (Jew of Malta - Marlowe)

hm

anyway, best of luck! And thanks!

You too! Linking to that stuff is really good too. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending