The Student Room Group

As sociology - families and households, help!!!

What are the predictions for tomorrows paper, everyone is saying different things and i'm stuck on how to write the essay, can anyone explain to me how i could structure an essay for families.. Got too comfortable from Education paper
The best way to structure an essay is:
1) Intro- define key terms and give brief overview of question
2) First point, explanation, maybe an example
3) Evaluation of your first point (e.g. if your first point is that feminists still think the family is patriarchal, then you can say that it is growing more symmetrical- Young and Willmott (evaluation) because women are in paid work etc
And carry on along those lines, it is useful to evaluate each point, New Right are very old fashioned and traditional so an evaluation for their perspective could be postmodernism because they notice society evolving and there is more choice and freedom- individualization.
Hope this helps!
A way to structure a conclusion (that I've found brilliant!) is to start off by saying ''To conclude, the evidence above shows...''
Reply 2
Original post by lillie_hallows
The best way to structure an essay is:
1) Intro- define key terms and give brief overview of question
2) First point, explanation, maybe an example
3) Evaluation of your first point (e.g. if your first point is that feminists still think the family is patriarchal, then you can say that it is growing more symmetrical- Young and Willmott (evaluation) because women are in paid work etc
And carry on along those lines, it is useful to evaluate each point, New Right are very old fashioned and traditional so an evaluation for their perspective could be postmodernism because they notice society evolving and there is more choice and freedom- individualization.
Hope this helps!
A way to structure a conclusion (that I've found brilliant!) is to start off by saying ''To conclude, the evidence above shows...''

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending