The Student Room Group

HOW WAS: AQA English Literature??

How did everyone feel about it/what did you write??
I found it okay. i'm happy that Slim came up in it! I revised a lot for him although i'm not too sure if i did okay on the Sherlock section. XD But yeah, overall I think I've passed.
It was actually alright...I did the crucible and I was sooo happy when the female characters question came up!!! But then for section B, I literally ran out of time near the end and left a sentence half open omg
Reply 3
Original post by GeekyThomas
I found it okay. i'm happy that Slim came up in it! I revised a lot for him although i'm not too sure if i did okay on the Sherlock section. XD But yeah, overall I think I've passed.

It was Curley wasn't it? :/
Original post by _Xenon_

Ah I may have taken the different exam then! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by GeekyThomas
Ah I may have taken the different exam then! :biggrin:

Ohhh I'm talking about AQA foundation tier exam.
Reply 6
Original post by _Xenon_

Was Curley in the higher? The extract question was just general
Aha! Yep that's it. I'm taking Higher as I'm in fast track (somehow??? :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by PolarisVega
Was Curley in the higher? The extract question was just general

Yeah there was an extract and it was about violence ...
Reply 9
Original post by _Xenon_
Yeah there was an extract and it was about violence ...

Aqa higher lit GCSE was about the ending and asked about build up to death
I couldn't of asked for a nicer part B on Mockingbird, a question all about race in a book where that's one of the central themes!
Original post by PolarisVega
Aqa higher lit GCSE was about the ending and asked about build up to death

Oh OK interesting. Foundation tier candidates were given an extract which was the fight between Curley and Lennie and for part (a) asked about the how the character of Curley is presented by Steinbeck.

For part (b) we were asked about violence and how it relates to society at the time. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending