The Student Room Group

AQA Computer Science GCSE 2016 Predicted Questions

My exam is pretty soon and i was wondering if anyone has any predictions for questions that might come up
Well, theres usually a question on Input/Output devices - so I'd 100% revise that.

Last Year
Input Output Devices
Questions on Networks and the configurations (bus, star etc) and Terminators came up.
OpCode definition
Good practice (variable names appropriate etc)
Of the shelf vs Custom
Binary translation
Pseudocode

Most likely going to be I/O , Binary translation, Network Topologies, Binary, Pseudocode and Laws.

http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_computing/ocr/GCSE_A451_topics.html

I'd revise most things from that list above ^
Reply 2
Thanks
Are you including devices for the disabled in I/O devices? If not, I would revise them too.
Reply 4
Yes i have learnt a vary of I/O devices for the test.
Original post by emmald583
Are you including devices for the disabled in I/O devices? If not, I would revise them too.

What would these include? Also, is there any way you could explain the difference between solid state storage media and magnetic storage media to me? Thanks in advance!
Original post by CyberJake
Well, theres usually a question on Input/Output devices - so I'd 100% revise that.

Last Year
Input Output Devices
Questions on Networks and the configurations (bus, star etc) and Terminators came up.
OpCode definition
Good practice (variable names appropriate etc)
Of the shelf vs Custom
Binary translation
Pseudocode

Most likely going to be I/O , Binary translation, Network Topologies, Binary, Pseudocode and Laws.

http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_computing/ocr/GCSE_A451_topics.html

I'd revise most things from that list above ^

What do you mean by "laws" ? I've never heard of that before .
Original post by Daniel35074
What do you mean by "laws" ? I've never heard of that before .

Like the data protection act and copyright laws for example
Original post by Joseph72602
Like the data protection act and copyright laws for example

Thanks
Original post by pinksplodge
What would these include? Also, is there any way you could explain the difference between solid state storage media and magnetic storage media to me? Thanks in advance!

Devices for the disabled = things like braille keyboards, foot mice.

Solid state is essentially just a bunch of transistors, whereas magnetic storage has moving parts which read data from a strip of magnetic tape. Solid state is more robust as it will not stop working when moved (unlike magnetic), it is silent, produces less heat when working, and is also better for the battery life of whatever computer is using it.

Ss is often used in tablets; that came up in 2014.
i havent revised. is there any point in me doing something at all. how many marks is a c ? what are the main topics?
Original post by emmald583
Devices for the disabled = things like braille keyboards, foot mice.

Solid state is essentially just a bunch of transistors, whereas magnetic storage has moving parts which read data from a strip of magnetic tape. Solid state is more robust as it will not stop working when moved (unlike magnetic), it is silent, produces less heat when working, and is also better for the battery life of whatever computer is using it.

Ss is often used in tablets; that came up in 2014.

Thanks so much for this it was really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest