The Student Room Group

AQA Drama GCSE exam help please?!

Hi! Im really worried for the drama exam tomorrow as i'm fine with Section B but haven't been taught much about Section A.

For Section A Q2 our teacher has told us to write our answer like this:
One moment I prepared was...
I wanted to show *character trait* +how I did it
I wanted to show *character thought*+how i did it
I wanted to show *relationship* +how i did it
Another moment was...and then the same process
Is this right? It seems too long for Section A.

We havent been taught how to do Q3 or Q4. Is it the same method? My teacher really hasn't prepared us well haha!!!

Thanks!!!
hi! my teacher said for question three that you should follow these bullet points:
Identify the moment and then explain the problem
Say what rehearsal technique and specifically how you used it and what you discovered
How did this influence your acting in this particular moment?
And then you do this once more (two times in total)
Q3 is all about development during rehearsals so talk about what the problem was, what you did to fix it and how it positively affected your acting

for question 4 follow these bullet points:
identify a specific moment where you were successful
how you performed specific lines as well as physical movement
What effect did this have on your audience?
Once again you do this twice overall
Q4 is all about your success so talk about where you thought you did well, how you did well (explain exactly what you did) and then how the audience reacted
Remember to always be positive in Q4, the examiner wants to know that you did well.

Another thing I suggest is looking at mark schemes for the past few years and examples of good practice because they are a really clear way to see what you're supposed to be writing
Hope this helps, good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by victoria l
hi! my teacher said for question three that you should follow these bullet points:
Identify the moment and then explain the problem
Say what rehearsal technique and specifically how you used it and what you discovered
How did this influence your acting in this particular moment?
And then you do this once more (two times in total)
Q3 is all about development during rehearsals so talk about what the problem was, what you did to fix it and how it positively affected your acting

for question 4 follow these bullet points:
identify a specific moment where you were successful
how you performed specific lines as well as physical movement
What effect did this have on your audience?
Once again you do this twice overall
Q4 is all about your success so talk about where you thought you did well, how you did well (explain exactly what you did) and then how the audience reacted
Remember to always be positive in Q4, the examiner wants to know that you did well.

Another thing I suggest is looking at mark schemes for the past few years and examples of good practice because they are a really clear way to see what you're supposed to be writing
Hope this helps, good luck!!

Thats really helpful, thank you so much! Good luck to you too!!!
Q3 - PSER

Problem
Solution
Explanation
Result

My teacher taught my class that really useful formula

Q4 - MS

Moment (explain what and how)
Success (response)
Reply 4
My teacher said that she wanted me to get an A*, which only makes me guess that my practical is an A*. However, in Question 4 Section A, I talked about a successful and an unsuccesful moment, instead of 2 successful moments. Every year until now, you could talk about either or both, but this year they only wanted successful ( I think!) so I'm worried that this will drop me from an A* to an A😭😭 do you think I'll get any credit? Because what I wrote for the unsuccessful was good as well😢

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending