Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UAL Accommodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

(Original post by Regan-o)
    [SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]I Got A place at Don Gratton House, which was my second choice but its still good apparently. I'm Studying Media & Cultural Studies
    anybody else doing a similar course/same course/got an offer for Don Gratton?

[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    I am doing a similar course: Media Communications.. Apparently we will even have lectures together or something like that (I am not sure, so don't quote me on it) But I am staying in Julian Markham
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringwhatever)
    I am doing a similar course: Media Communications.. Apparently we will even have lectures together or something like that (I am not sure, so don't quote me on it) But I am staying in Julian Markham
    ah excellent! we're having lectures together? where did you hear that
    • 4 followers

ah excellent! we're having lectures together? where did you hear that
    My course director (nicest person on the planet), said something like that... We have some lectures or workshops or something together, can't totally remember what it was, but because our courses are so similar or something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydelilah)
    Ah cool (: I'm doing set design, stage and screen one, not seen anyone else from my course on here yet
    Same, I messed up my application so I had to change it, I doubt I'll get any decent accommodation now!
    I looked around earlier, and theres loads of decent house shares and stuff, just would rather find one that's all students so I can have fun! But I bet noone will need a flatmate till like august .. might just wait and get something then eek.
    What kind of sites do you look on for house shares? Yea I'm so tempted to just leave it all till last minute, o well whats the worst that can happen- I'm sure there are some very nice bridges around Wimbledon I can live under!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    there's looads um, I googled some, which probably isn't safe.. and there's some linked from this site: http://www.studenthousing.lon.ac.uk/
    they have a guide to stop yourself accidentally renting a pavement or something
    I think they have an office for private uni accom. from here too
    http://www.arts.ac.uk/housing/private_sector.htm

promise if you find something good to tell me too? I'm so easily distracted when i'm meant to be researching for my future..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for brooke hall; its the one i applied to without reading anything about it :/ Soo expensive, ugh not sure whether im up to finding a house share, oh decisions! Does anyone know what Brooke Hall is like? Im guessing its kinda quiet? What would it be like going to wimbledon from there?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapin)
    Just got an offer for brooke hall; its the one i applied to without reading anything about it :/ Soo expensive, ugh not sure whether im up to finding a house share, oh decisions! Does anyone know what Brooke Hall is like? Im guessing its kinda quiet? What would it be like going to wimbledon from there?
    I don't know anything about the hall but I know you can reject the offer of the Uni, but it just means that you're not garunteed halls...if you reject it and dont get anything you can call back housing services on the 5th of June and see what they have available then? It's safer to just accept what you've got now though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okayyy so I got a place at cordwainers court (in Bethnal Green) , but have to travel to Wimbledon everyday, is it worth it? how long willl it take to get there?
    Need some Londoner knowledge
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Okayyy so I got a place at cordwainers court (in Bethnal Green) , but have to travel to Wimbledon everyday, is it worth it? how long willl it take to get there?
    it would take you about an hour to get from Bethnal Green to Wimbledon...you'd have to make 3 changes - Central line, then Piccadilly and finally District. You'd be traveling from North East to South West...so it would take a whilee :/

TBH there aren't really any halls very close to Wimbledon...I think that the closest is Brooke Hall, but thats still a 45 minute tube journey

Hope I helped!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a look at a tube map :/
    You have helped! thankyou (:
    are you at Wimbledon too? Just can't decide whether it'll be worth it, want the security of halls and knowing where I'm going to live, but I've seen rooms for rent in Wimbledon that are loads cheaper and walking distance .. I hate decisions :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a look at a tube map :/
    You have helped! thankyou (:
    are you at Wimbledon too? Just can't decide whether it'll be worth it, want the security of halls and knowing where I'm going to live, but I've seen rooms for rent in Wimbledon that are loads cheaper and walking distance .. I hate decisions :/
    you've just gotta consider whether or not you want to risk not meeting AS many people in Halls, I don't mean you'll never meet anyone 'cause thats ridiculous, but you'll meet different kinds of people (if you go in halls) within your flat, and then also within the actually building itself, theres always randomers that you'll meet and possibly get on with, which of course is important for the second year when you get somewhere else to live with friends that you make. You'll make friends on your course too obviously but a lot of people make friends to live with from within their halls too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Hi Just thought id let you know that nearest station to cordwainers is either 2mins to london fields or a ten min walk to hackney central. Which is 55mins to wimledon & just 2 changes at highbury & islington, then vauxhall plus half the journey is train which is nicer than tube! Im going to cordwainers hence the interest x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you've just gotta consider whether or not you want to risk not meeting AS many people in Halls, I don't mean you'll never meet anyone 'cause thats ridiculous, but you'll meet different kinds of people (if you go in halls) within your flat, and then also within the actually building itself, theres always randomers that you'll meet and possibly get on with, which of course is important for the second year when you get somewhere else to live with friends that you make. You'll make friends on your course too obviously but a lot of people make friends to live with from within their halls too!
    Yeah I agree, I'd really rather be in halls! It's just the distance that's worrying me, Didn't want to spend too much on halls, so kinda restricted, I thinkk I should go for it, just hope there's someone else at cordwainers going to Wimbledon so I have travel buddiess
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student1804)
    Hi Just thought id let you know that nearest station to cordwainers is either 2mins to london fields or a ten min walk to hackney central. Which is 55mins to wimledon & just 2 changes at highbury & islington, then vauxhall plus half the journey is train which is nicer than tube! Im going to cordwainers hence the interest x
    Are you going to Wimbledon tooo?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to Wimbledon tooo?
    noo, im lcf in holborn so shorter journey for me.. But i chose cordwainers for price, everywhere any closer is so expencive! wimbledon is so far out, i feel for you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    dangg :/
    I hope I'm not the only one! there were closer halls, just I messed up my application and thought i'd better choose somewhere i'd be more likely to get in, and the price came into it of course!
    None of them are close though :/ no idea what i should dooo
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    dangg :/
    I hope I'm not the only one! there were closer halls, just I messed up my application and thought i'd better choose somewhere i'd be more likely to get in, and the price came into it of course!
    None of them are close though :/ no idea what i should dooo
    you could call up housing services and see what they suggest?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you could call up housing services and see what they suggest?
    Yeah I probably should! kinda wish furzedown was being used this year, even though people say it's bad, it's so close!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I probably should! kinda wish furzedown was being used this year, even though people say it's bad, it's so close!
    Yeah why isn't that one being used this year?! I've only heard bad things about that one though....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It seems like iv got a similar dilemma. Brookehall is like an hour from Wimbledon too, gunna have to wake up at crazy early o clock. Also worried there won't be other Wimbledon people there, don't want to get knifed up on my home! That furzledown place wouldve been so much easier, but someone told me its full of asbestos or something so maybe not! Think I'm gunna just accept halls, seems the easiest thing at the moment.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2012
New on TSR

Talk about SQA results day

Join the chat ahead of grades coming out on Tuesday

Study resources
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

University of the Arts London Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered UAL Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.