The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL offer: Low lighting?

Hey, peoples!

I was wondering if anyone here knows exactly what they mean when they say "low lighting"? I'm going to CSM and I got an offer for Sketch House, which is great, but for a studio with low lighting. I suffer from migraines and if the room is too dark, going outside and back every day could trigger attacks. :/
I did specify that on my application though, so if they've made this offer maybe the room isn't that dark?
Hi, I also got a low lighting room so I emailed them about what they mean exactly. They told me that Low lighting means "low natural lighting possibly a narrow or smaller window in your room." So I don't think it is too dark, just might be a slightly smaller window!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes, I asked Accommodation Services about it and that's what they said too, that it could be less windows.
However, I asked that on the Sketch House facebook page and this is what they've said:

"'Low Lighting' rooms are the same as the other rooms which you can see online, across the different room types. You can check them out here: bit.ly/27a22juThe difference is that these select number of rooms are situated in positions of the building where less natural sunlight is able to appear in the room through the window. Hence the reduced rent price."

So maybe there aren't less windows, it just faces a different way. Which isn't too bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending