Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Aqa English Literature

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

how did everyone find the view from the bridge section and what did u guys make of the unseen poetry

I did journeys end not the view from the bridge but for the unseen poetry I found it slightly odd but got points about her romanticizing and being in love with the fox, her conflicting thoughts over saying 'don't look at me like that' and then 'meet my gaze', about her wanting to ballroom dance with the fox and about her wanting the fox to stay around and describing it as though it's a posh fur coat, contrasting how most people would generally feel about a fox (ie it being dirty). Some of my friends also got other points such as her killing the fox for a fur coat at the end or the fox being a metaphor for a man she loved. What points did you get?

I was so happy when the AVFB question was on women, there was so much to talk about. I commented on Beatrice following gender roles, and then how Catherine blurs the gender roles (i.e getting a job) and then talked about how the women respect and love their significant others etc but have to overlook their flaws

The poem was a little odd, but I basically said the woman was trying to entice the fox with flattery, but by the end her intentions are obvious when she has his fur. I talked about how it might have been ambiguous but I was running out of time so my last paragraph was only like 5 lines. However I've seen that people went a lot deeper when they were analysing it, and how it was about prostitution/ dangerous love so I probably got like a C 😂
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2016
TSR Support Team
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.