The Student Room Group

Igcse aqa english literature 23rd may 2016

What did you write for the unseen poetry? Which question did you pick for your chosen book and which book did you do? What did you write to answer the question you chose? If anyone did the curious incident please make yourself known and share your answers and thoughts!
I did curious incident! I thought the questions were quite nice and i did the one about loss
Wasn't sure about the poem - apparently it was about male prostitution but i put things about her admiration of the wolf
Original post by Alicehatha
I did curious incident! I thought the questions were quite nice and i did the one about loss
Wasn't sure about the poem - apparently it was about male prostitution but i put things about her admiration of the wolf

I did the one about Christopher's struggle for independence. My poem was about a lady and a fox. Is that possible that the poetry was different for some? Otherwise i messed up :O
Original post by anxiousbunny
I did the one about Christopher's struggle for independence. My poem was about a lady and a fox. Is that possible that the poetry was different for some? Otherwise i messed up :O

ahhh i meant fox not wolf! What did you write about it?
ahhh i meant fox not wolf! What did you write about it?

oh haha!
I wrote that she feels lust and envy because she wants the foxes fur coat ect.. Also that she feels admiration as she compliments the fox "handsome for a city dweller" etc.. Also love as she wants to share ideas about dancing eg; foxtrot and waltz which friends do + use of personification.. She feels distrust as shes accusatory towards the fox in the first stanza etc. I cant remember the others i wrote right now..

What did you write about it?? I was completely in the dark in preparation for this exam so I want to know at least if I was far off what was wanted..
How many pages did you write for the unseen poetry?? Please share what you wrote :smile:
For unseen poetry i was saying how the narrator loves the fox but the fox doesnt love her back and how the lady tries lots of different things to get the fox to like her!

Some people in my school wrote about the fox being a metaphor for a man but in the question it only spoke about a fox so i only wrote about the fox!! :biggrin:
Original post by studyhardsophia
For unseen poetry i was saying how the narrator loves the fox but the fox doesnt love her back and how the lady tries lots of different things to get the fox to like her!

Some people in my school wrote about the fox being a metaphor for a man but in the question it only spoke about a fox so i only wrote about the fox!! :biggrin:

That is bloody genius!
I think I actually answered this wrongly because I wrote many different feelings that she felt towards the fox.. instead of focusing on one. Have I ****ed it up? :/
That is bloody genius!
I think I actually answered this wrongly because I wrote many different feelings that she felt towards the fox.. instead of focusing on one. Have I ****ed it up? :/

wait what's genius?? haha :smile:

urm nope i wrote about different feelings as well you have to explore different ideas! :biggrin:
wait what's genius?? haha :smile:

urm nope i wrote about different feelings as well you have to explore different ideas! :biggrin:

Just going over the poem in my head and your idea of the lady liking the fox and the fox not reciprocating the love i really like it because I can see so many ways that that idea could be followed well. PHEW!! I hope that's okay then.

What other feelings did you write about then? Please share!
Just going over the poem in my head and your idea of the lady liking the fox and the fox not reciprocating the love i really like it because I can see so many ways that that idea could be followed well. PHEW!! I hope that's okay then.

Oh right thats good haha as i wrote that! i was worried but feeling better now!

Im sure we'll all do well because as long as you explain your points they cant mark you do as its your own view!! :biggrin:
Can anyone predict or estimate how many marks out of 75 for this exam today it would take to get a C,B and A?
Oh right thats good haha as i wrote that! i was worried but feeling better now!

Im sure we'll all do well because as long as you explain your points they cant mark you do as its your own view!! :biggrin:

Oh no! I didn't wright about that I was just answering your question when you asked "what did you think was genius?" so i was explaining why I liked your idea.
oh haha!
I wrote that she feels lust and envy because she wants the foxes fur coat ect.. Also that she feels admiration as she compliments the fox "handsome for a city dweller" etc.. Also love as she wants to share ideas about dancing eg; foxtrot and waltz which friends do + use of personification.. She feels distrust as shes accusatory towards the fox in the first stanza etc. I cant remember the others i wrote right now..

What did you write about it?? I was completely in the dark in preparation for this exam so I want to know at least if I was far off what was wanted..
How many pages did you write for the unseen poetry?? Please share what you wrote :smile:

I think i wrote 2 and a half pages maybe? and I put that the woman was desperate and wanted the characteristics of the fox, such as deceiving through the use of the 'carnival mask' and performance ideas. Also, i put about she may have loved him and put about the intimacy between them through the 'slow waltz'. Not 100% sure what else
I think i wrote 2 and a half pages maybe? and I put that the woman was desperate and wanted the characteristics of the fox, such as deceiving through the use of the 'carnival mask' and performance ideas. Also, i put about she may have loved him and put about the intimacy between them through the 'slow waltz'. Not 100% sure what else

Thanks for sharing. Do you know when the results for this comes out? I only did 2 pages for the unseen poetry which I hope is enough.
Oh no! I didn't wright about that I was just answering your question when you asked "what did you think was genius?" so i was explaining why I liked your idea.

yes i understand haha :smile:
I did this paper but I did A View from the Bridge. I found the poem really weird and I think I messed up my answer - I started of writing about how the lady admires the fox and explaining all the nicknames she gave it which increasingly became more viscous showing that as she got to know the fox more, she realised it's true danger. Then half way through my answer I suddenly realised that the fox could be a metaphor for a man because of all the use of clothing words and dancing. So my answer was really jumbled and I couldn't find any poetic techniques except onomatopoeia. Quite a lot of people at my school wrote about either the sexual references in the poem or that it was about hunting and the lady wanted the foxes fur and at the end of the poem she got the fur. I just found the whole poem odd tbh :biggrin:
Original post by yellowgiraffe28
I did this paper but I did A View from the Bridge. I found the poem really weird and I think I messed up my answer - I started of writing about how the lady admires the fox and explaining all the nicknames she gave it which increasingly became more viscous showing that as she got to know the fox more, she realised it's true danger. Then half way through my answer I suddenly realised that the fox could be a metaphor for a man because of all the use of clothing words and dancing. So my answer was really jumbled and I couldn't find any poetic techniques except onomatopoeia. Quite a lot of people at my school wrote about either the sexual references in the poem or that it was about hunting and the lady wanted the foxes fur and at the end of the poem she got the fur. I just found the whole poem odd tbh :biggrin:

I did AVFTB!! I did the question about women :biggrin:
I did AVFTB!! I did the question about women :biggrin:

Same! Although my answer was all over the place - I ended up talking about Beatrice and Catherine conforming and subverting gender roles, Marco's wife conforming to gender roles, the way the men in the play treat the women and how Eddie's deducing of Rodolpho's sexuality shows what the accepted 'feminine' characteristics/roles were at the time.
I said that it was about courtship, feelings presented were romance and lust using diction (sexual connotations, riding, slow waltzing), use of direct speech (second person) making it more intimate and therefore seductive and lastly imagery to reinforce the ideas through the use of fruity adjectives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending