The Student Room Group

How did your English Literature exam go?

Scroll to see replies

I'm just hoping for the best, My teacher told me I have a natural tendancy to explore, it's a shame my "exploration" skills can not get me any friends. Let's forget about this exam and think about dreadful poetry.
Original post by aggressively
Yes i stated that as well but I was just try to bring an alternative interpretation into the exam , but clearly that didn't work ....

It did work, note this is an exam which relies merely on your interpretation, not the markscheme. I wrote that the Luger represents the callous society which cannot sustain such sentimental attatchements (lennie/candys dog) hence the same Luger used.
I found The Crucible and To Kill A Mockingbird rather simple - I enjoyed answering them. That exam went better than I thought it would for me
Does anybody know last years grade boundaries??
Reply 84
Original post by ProbablyJade
I'm sorry but the whole thing was about the BLACK community, so Mayella and Boo wouldn't count. Also the extract was on Tom Robinson's trial and they wanted you to look at the other attitudes on Maycomb, such as the missionary tea or Dolphus Raymond. I think the question is like 15 marks plus spag

I did IGCSE (probably should have mentioned sorry)
Reply 85
Original post by Zakareya
did you do foundation or higher

I think she did the same question as me and I did IGCSE higher
Reply 86
Original post by WillCrowe00
What? I thought the question was about the extract where Atticus leaves the courtroom and about how attitudes to the black community are shown in the rest of the novel? Did we do a different exam or have I done something completely wrong? lol

she did the IGCSE exam I think
Reply 87
Original post by erodedsoul
What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

IGCSE Edexcel
Original post by erodedsoul
I think this person may have been on IGCSE or foundation or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, my bad sorry
Original post by nci_X
I did IGCSE (probably should have mentioned sorry)

I'm so sorry!
Anybody have the grade boundaries for last year? Looking for Wjec English foundation tier
Did anyone do A View from the Bridge? I'm kinda curious if anyone attempted the second question or what their points for the women one was
Original post by Bulletzone
I'm just hoping for the best, My teacher told me I have a natural tendancy to explore, it's a shame my "exploration" skills can not get me any friends. Let's forget about this exam and think about dreadful poetry.

Well atleast you got rep :smile:
Well the OMAM question was pretty awful, my watch was out of sync with the exam clock so when I thought I had 15 mins left to answer the question I only had 10 and ended up rushing completely. I spent way too long trying to actually find something to talk about from the extract....
The crucible questions were great though and I struggled to pick just one because there was so much to write about both, so that was a blessing considering I'm really not confident with the Crucible at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending