The Student Room Group

Housemate from Hell

Poll

What should we do?

To give you a bit of background, I'm currently living with a very unpleasant person in my second year of uni. She complains about everything and thinks we (my other flatmate and I) make it our mission in life to annoy her. It's unfortunate that she feels this way as my flatmate and I aren't childish enough to go out of our way to piss someone off.

So yesterday morning the hellish flatmate posted the following in the group chat, "Right, I left a bag of prawn crackers on top of the microwave last night and this morning they're missing. So who's been eating my food??" Little did she know that the only people in the house that night were her and her boyfriend, as the rest of us had gone home for the weekend or were working a nightshift.

Upon returning home, I did the logical thing and checked in the gap behind the microwave. They were there!

Now to my question... How should we respond given the fact that we were falsely accused of theft?
Reply 1
Oh there's nothing I hate more than being falsely accused of something.

Honestly, if it was me I would take the bag of prawn crackers, wait until she returned to the flat and just casually nom on them in front of her. But I'm a vindictive and petty individual so that might not be the best course of action.
tell her to do one and get a new flatmate
Reply 3
Original post by markreed
Oh there's nothing I hate more than being falsely accused of something.

Honestly, if it was me I would take the bag of prawn crackers, wait until she returned to the flat and just casually nom on them in front of her. But I'm a vindictive and petty individual so that might not be the best course of action.

Believe me the temptation to eat them is so high! I mean, I may as well seeing as I've already been accused of eating them.

I also feel like if I pointed out the fact that they'd fallen behind the microwave then she'd blame us for hiding them on her.
Reply 4
Tell her how much you love her.
Reply 5
Original post by K2G
Tell her how much you love her.

I wonder if she'd appreciate being poked on Facebook... hmmm
just leave it, wait for her to find it and let her embarrass herself.Then slowly come round the corner, grab her wrist and say "oh how the tables have turned." Put on your shades, light your cigar and walk away.
Reply 7
Grind the crackers into a fine powder, put them in a cellophane bag and hide them in the bottom drawer in her room. Inform the police of what you've 'found'.
Reply 8
I could return the crackers to her by leaving one outside her door every morning...
Reply 9
Why would you be childish about it? Just bc she's immature doesn't mean that you have to behave in the same way. When she gets back home, call her to the kitchen + tell her that she clearly didn't check properly then show her where you found the bag. If she wants to believe that you deliberately hid them then so be it but at least you'd have done the right thing. :s-smilie:
Leave them somewhere visible for her to find and see if she apologises
Petty to eat them, I'd just make a show of saying you found them... behind the microwave.
Reply 12
lol this is very nice and fertile ground for a prank
Reply 13
Original post by Inazuma
Petty to eat them, I'd just make a show of saying you found them... behind the microwave.

I've bought my own packet of prawn crackers from Tesco. Its all I've thought about all day!
Original post by Flipper6124
I've bought my own packet of prawn crackers from Tesco. Its all I've thought about all day!

Prawn crackers are amazing. At least your idiot housemate has good taste!
I think the right thing to do would be to show her and tell her she needs to have a proper look before throwing accusations around but in all honesty I would be too petty for that and would leave them there in the hopes she never found them.

Quick Reply

Latest