Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this guy is a potential abuser?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I just broke up with a guy a couple of days ago, and to my surprise, he accepted the break up. He had tried to convince me otherwise when I tried to previously.

The last time we were together he scared me a litttle. We had just had a romantic dinner & went for a walk afterwards. During this walk, we stopped to kiss several times. One of the times he began to kiss my neck & I don't like getting TOO pda in public so I asked him to wait til later

His response was to place one hand across my throat (in public remember) and when I said he would get lifted by the police in a minute, he laughed and stopped. About half an hour later...we were hugging and talking. As I began to walk away, he pretended to kick me & made a reference to violence. All done with a laugh and a smile.

This guy is extremely good looking, witty & a bit of an over-achiever. Very intelligent & has been very supportive of my career etc as well. However...since breaking up with him 2 days it has been radio silence and I wonder if he is really gone for good.

What do you think about this incident?
    How do you know he was not joking?

(Original post by Berke0)
    She was the first girl. I didn't know better, thought I had to have her and that no one else could have her.

Obsession and love are very different things. I resented her the whole time but for some odd reason didn't wanna let go
    Well...thanks for your honesty. At least you sound self-aware.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.