The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Freshers Week

Just wondering if any current students can help? i live in sheffield so i know all the nightlife and i have an unconditional so i've been looking at freshers tickets. I've found that there's different freshers week tickets organised by both sheffield parties and voodoo events, so do hallam students tend to go for one more than the other or is it literally just personal choice?
I just want to get my tickets now while they're cheaper but i obviously want my flatmates to get the same as me so i'm a bit confused about what to do! (Would prefer one with corp included though:lol:)

Original post by lcookie
Just wondering if any current students can help? i live in sheffield so i know all the nightlife and i have an unconditional so i've been looking at freshers tickets. I've found that there's different freshers week tickets organised by both sheffield parties and voodoo events, so do hallam students tend to go for one more than the other or is it literally just personal choice?
I just want to get my tickets now while they're cheaper but i obviously want my flatmates to get the same as me so i'm a bit confused about what to do! (Would prefer one with corp included though:lol:)

Not technically a current student, but an old one! As a lot of students are coming to Sheffield for the first time, I think most people will wait until they arrive to get tickets. Usually on the first night, everyone will go out and explore the area and it's not until afterwards that people will get their bearings and look at what's on for the rest of the week.

As Freshers Week is a student event the cost of tickets shouldn't go up too much, but if you're worried, maybe buy tickets for the ones you'd want to go to. Be aware, however, that some might go to waste and you may need to buy more when your flatmates arrive, if you all decide to go elsewhere.

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply