The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Personally, kinda scared I'm gonna be on here for another 5 years
TSR is life and the threads are hilarious like the "Ode to My Brother" one that appeared today.
Original post by CoolCavy
I disagree tbh :/
If i had known how much hate i was gonna get for simply trying to be nice to people i wouldn't have joined at all. This was my first internet thing and yes ok i now know a lot more about the world i guess and i have made some friends i guess I don't really feel like it was worth it tbh but anyway lol

don't let stupid people bring you down, I'm sure most of tsr adore you:h:
Original post by amys97
I'm really new on here! Hi guys! Hoping to make friends!^^

:wavey:

Say something about yourself that you would like other people to know. :smile:
If i had known how much hate i was gonna get for simply trying to be nice to people i wouldn't have joined at all. This was my first internet thing and yes ok i now know a lot more about the world i guess and i have made some friends i guess I don't really feel like it was worth it tbh but anyway lol

People are just bellends tbh, especially on a website where they can hide behind anonymity. It's not that they hate you, they just derive pleasure from bringing people down. It says far more about them than it does you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joining TSR overall was a great decision. I've met some people who are hugely important to me now so it ain't all bad.

You get hate? Who could possibly hate you? :s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Maybe they have fur allergies :dontknow:
I managed to give up TSR for about a year a while ago, somehow ended up relapsing.
I feel like i have derailed this thread somewhat :getmecoat: sorry about that :redface:

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Your posts are lovely and funny! :five:Seriously, you just have to ignore all the tripe and name calling and concentrate on the enjoyable and interesting bits. All web forums are like that and so is Twitter.

Aww well i'm glad you like them cos that is all i want in life to make ppl happy :redface: see tbh i wish i could just go back to my hermit days before all this (because believe it or not this is the most radical social media thing i've ever been on :redface:0

Original post by shawn_o1
:hugs:Better to have more awareness than the same amount of

That is actually true tbh, i have learnt a lot of things from here, things that i suppose every other normal person takes for granted but that i didn't know so yeh that is a silver lining i guess.

Original post by Anon_98
This is such a cute thread. :'3But I personally have to disagree. )':Worst decision of my life. Ever. Ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.:woo:

Agreed :/ <3 x

Original post by loveleest
I.You are loved here :h: I am sure most people adore you and the people that have something against you are haters

Thanks lovely :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh hunny bun :jumphug: :frown: :console:Who's been giving you grief? Tell Aunty TLG. She'll beat them up with her granny stick :shakecane::frown::h: :kissing2: :grouphugs:

Aww bless you :lol: it isn't so much now, at least i don't think. I'm sure things are said behind my back but tbh there is so much **** going down inrl part of me just doesn't care anymore.

Original post by Ishea16
don't let stupid people bring you down, I'm sure most of tsr adore you:h:

Tbh even if they don't they can like me or lump me :redface: x

Original post by Precious Illusions
People are just bellends tbh, especially on a website where they can hide behind anonymity. It's not that they hate you, they just derive pleasure from bringing people down. It says far more about them than it does you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is true, it is very cowardly. Would never say things to people on the internet that i wouldn't inrl, plus many people use TSR as an escape from the crap inrl so it is annoying when the nastyness just perpetrates even your supposed escape. And thanks lovely :hugs: x

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Quite a lot of people tbh, inrl as well lol but mostly the person that hates me the most is me :rofl: And yes i do/did get hate. I have forgiven the people that thought i was a troll or whatever who have apologised because if people are nice to me i will be nice to them because that is all i want. But yeh i've had threads made about me (cough cough phoenixsilver you lil **** :h:), Vms, Pms (lol abusive ones lmao) and group chats named after me :ahee: should be honoured really lol

Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Maybe they have fur allergies :dontknow:

Lmao best comment ever :lol: <3
Original post by Anon_98
This is such a cute thread. :'3

But I personally have to disagree. )':

Worst decision of my life. Ever. Ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.

:woo:

:colonhash:

I'm glad you did. TSR wouldn't be the same without anon :cry2:
Original post by Indeterminate
:colonhash:

I'm glad you did. TSR wouldn't be the same without anon :cry2:

Hm.

I'm afraid I'm not the Anon I used to be + pretty sure some people would be glad to see me leave because of it.

I would be glad to see me leave.

I know you say that bc I used to enhance people's moods etc but now I genuinely do the exact opposite.- TSR would infact be better off without me.

Thank you v much though, kind as ever. <3
Original post by Anon_98
Hm.

I'm afraid I'm not the Anon I used to be + pretty sure some people would be glad to see me leave because of it.

I know you say that bc I used to enhance people's moods etc but now I genuinely do the exact opposite.- TSR would infact be better off without me.

Awww I see :redface:

I guess now it's our turn to enhance your mood :hugs:
Because of great guy?
Original post by Anon_98
Hm.

I really feel the same Anon :redface: i feel like we are both not the people we started off as and we can't even show this because no-one can deal with a sad Cavy and Anon it would seem as people just want us to be out apparent cheerful selves whereas we have both changed and finding it harder to be so happy and having to force some of it. Tbh this is exactly what has happened inrl, just fake smiling all the time like yup everything is fab :ahee: so if TSR goes the same way which i think it is then i may as well leave as my escape will then have become my reality :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
I really feel the same Anon :redface: i feel like we are both not the people we started off as and we can't even show this because no-one can deal with a sad Cavy and Anon it would seem as people just want us to be out apparent cheerful selves whereas we have both changed and finding it harder to be so happy and having to force some of it. Tbh this is exactly what has happened inrl, just fake smiling all the time like yup everything is fab :ahee: so if TSR goes the same way which i think it is then i may as well leave as my escape will then have become my reality :redface:

Exactly, Cavy. Exactly. :cry:

I genuinely feel as though you've just spoken my mind + yes, just.. thank you so much for saying that.- I feel like I'm not so alone. Sigh.

The bits in bold made me laugh. (': I do think that containing stuff is probably best for everyone sometimes. But it's totally okay bc our exams will be over soon + then hopefully I'll be able to leave.- Only a couple more months, I can do this.

Ilysm. :cry: <3
(edited 7 years ago)
I really feel the same Anon :redface: i feel like we are both not the people we started off as and we can't even show this because no-one can deal with a sad Cavy and Anon it would seem as people just want us to be out apparent cheerful selves whereas we have both changed and finding it harder to be so happy and having to force some of it.

Original post by Anon_98
Exactly, Cavy. Exactly. :cry:

I genuinely feel as though you've just spoken my mind + yes, just.. thank you so much for saying that.- I feel like I'm not so alone. Sigh.

The bits in bold made me laugh. (': I do think that containing stuff is probably best for everyone sometimes. But it's totally okay bc our exams will be over soon + then hopefully I'll be able to leave.- Only a couple more months, I can do this.

Ilysm. :cry: <3

I was talking to someone else about this recently. A while ago I had a different account on here and ended up talking to a lot of people and posting a lot, but after a while it kinda feels like that's the only aspect of you personality you can express through the account and it kind of becomes like a character you have to maintain. Even though no one is actually forcing you to do it.
(edited 7 years ago)
x

Just want to say- Thank you for the kind visitor message! <3 it was so sweet! x
I'm always fascinated by how TSR impacts people so severely (for the worse..)
I have been on here for like 4 years :redface: and I wouldn't necessarily say that I regret it as I have met some really good people who have helped me a lot in the past, but I feel like TSR (or my version of it) has changed in recent times. I can't really pinpoint what it is exactly, but it's just different to a while ago.

I spend way toooo much time on here, but I can't see myself leaving because it actually gives me something to do, whereas I would feel so much worse without it. Although, TSR has contributed to me feeling **** in the past.
Original post by hezzlington
I'm always fascinated by how TSR impacts people so severely (for the worse..)

It comes with the territory that is a forum on the internet where people think they can say what they like from behind a computer screen. Many times they either don't realise or just don't care that there is someone on the other side who may genuinely be affected by what they say.

Latest