The Student Room Group

Young Muslim Female needing some guidance in life...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, imaan.

thanks for your kind, knowledgeable, SOLICITED, opinon.
Original post by RizK
thanks for your kind, knowledgeable, SOLICITED, opinon.

You say that as though opinions expressed on a public forum have to be solicited to be worth anything. The sarcasm doesn't work either, I'm afraid.
Reply 102
Original post by Hydeman
You say that as though opinions expressed on a public forum have to be solicited to be worth anything. The sarcasm doesn't work either, I'm afraid.

Straying too far from OP's topic I guess. She wanted to know how to be a better muslim. Here we are arguing on prophet Muhammad's personality.
I'm out.
why go on the student room for help? Do you really think someone can realistically give you help on here? This thread will be 20% attempting help and 80% bashing which will only increase your doubt.
Granted you are a lazy person, instead of rushing into going from one extreme of not practicing to sudden scholar exemplar scholar, why dont you take a few steps back and calm down? From the view of a muslim you are making it so hard. Like fam im bashing my head reading this. why dont you set small targets? Build up your prayers ones better than none. or try reading tasbeeh on your hands a few good words? Everyone goes through hardship and doubt in religion, its normal to have highs and lows as long as you dont stay at the low. Actually try to improve yourself. Judging by the amount you've written you could have done wudu and prayed a prayer. stop making excuses and most of all stop making it hard. its not as hard as you are making it. Honestly words are nothing you actually have to take active steps you cant just be like i hope to do this, why not do it? Tbh i dont think religions that hard i personally think you are just making it hard. btw stop comparing yourself to your older sibling there at different stages maybe as you mature your connection to religion will get better all im saying is stop beating yourself. remove your old foundation before you try building a massive building on a weak structure.
Hey there, I'm Muslim too. And let me just say i think that the very fact you even think these thoughts indicates you're a great Muslim, so many Muslims are remorseless and I don't want to criticise anyone but in hopes of reassuring you I'm saying the fact that you put thought into you're religion just goes to show how much you care. And I think something important to know is that we do what we can yes? So do what you can, just because there are some mistakes or some sins don't give up and say might as well do all sins. I saw someone else suggest this and I think it's great idea try and find the quran in English, it can be really interesting. There is a verse in the quran, "oh you who have committed sins do not despair of God's mercy for he forgives all offences, indeed he is all forgiving, most merciful" Did you know in Islam every good deed is written/ multiplied by 10, if you intend to do a good deed then don't you get a good deed for the thought and if you do it you get 10, and if u think to do a bad deed then don't you get a good deed and if you do it you get one bad deed. And good deeds are multiplied many times. Don't lose hope, I think probably a good start would be try to pray once or twice a day as you get used to it increase it. The most important thing is prayers we are told in a narration that "if the prayers are fixed (ie performed) then the rest of the deeds are fixed" so start slow. And please don't hate yourself. Just try the smallest thing whatever it is, don't worry about the rest as long as each day you do one more thing (no matter how small, it could be one more religious supplication) than the day before. As for fasting if youre underweight and really can't then well, god doesn't test us with more than we can bare... I hope I helped! Feel free to Pm me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending