The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography 1 - 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys what did everyone put for Hope Quarry for the rocks 8 marker
Original post by L12345678910
Hi guys what did everyone put for Hope Quarry for the rocks 8 marker

I'm pretty sure i messed up because i talked about how at Bluewater they transformed the quarry into a shopping centre and planted trees and created ponds, everyone i know has done Hope so i just hope what I've said is at least valid to the examiner
Original post by Geoharris39
For the labeling characteristics of a meander, would labeling bluff lines get a mark?? Thanks

I'd say so, yes. Almost certainly so if you described and explained it in more detail.
For the last coastal question I ran out of time and so only spoke about 3 social impacts and 1 political impact. Would this push me into level 2 or can I still access level 3 if my points are developed?
It depends how you used linked statements. Its not just about how many points you made
What did people write for the Alps question if you did the Restless Earth section of the exam.
Original post by S.H.Rahman
What did people write for the Alps question if you did the Restless Earth section of the exam.

I wrote about the following:

HEP
Railway channels being built to aid transport connections etc
The alpaca - to transport goods (figured that I'd just include them because they were there in the diagram and therefore had nothing to lose:tongue:)
Terraces being built, to even out ground and to provide fertile soils
Did anyone understand the 'draw a plan of the meander' question!? I just drew out a birds-eye-view of the meander and labeled it (erosion, deposition, lateral erosion etc) - do you think that'll be okay?
Is it wrong to say the first figure for the alps question was used to create steps in the mountain for easier access
is there an unofficial mark scheme for this paper??
Original post by adij125
Is it wrong to say the first figure for the alps question was used to create steps in the mountain for easier access

The main purpose of 'terraces' is to provide flat, fertile land for farming. I wouldn't stress it though, if you made other points you'll be fine
Reply 231
Original post by zuzulla
I wrote about the following:

HEP
Railway channels being built to aid transport connections etc
The alpaca - to transport goods (figured that I'd just include them because they were there in the diagram and therefore had nothing to lose:tongue:)
Terraces being built, to even out ground and to provide fertile soils

Was i right to link it to my case study on himalayas then?
What did they want for the Eden question?

And ... what was the answer to the 8 marker on avalanches? (Roughly?)
Original post by adij125
It depends how you used linked statements. Its not just about how many points you made

I am fairly confident with the quality of my answer, I just fear that because my last paragraph only explored one point, I can't access the top grade. I know some mark schemes require at least two points from each topic mentioned in the title. Do you think this will be the case on this question?
Original post by Hermione118
I am fairly confident with the quality of my answer, I just fear that because my last paragraph only explored one point, I can't access the top grade. I know some mark schemes require at least two points from each topic mentioned in the title. Do you think this will be the case on this question?

Probably not. What other political points could you have sajd there was only really one
Original post by adij125
Probably not. What other political points could you have sajd there was only really one

I found two:

1) The moving of people from the Maldives to another country by 2100 puts political pressure on these countries

2) The Maldives may not be able to repay japan from the £50 million they gave the Maldives. This is because of the fact that their industries are declining. This could cause conflict between countries
i did this too hope its okay though!
Original post by sarahdiamante
i did this too hope its okay though![/Q

Its all about them linked statements and how well your point answers the question
Reply 238
Original post by RNGeesus
whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide[/QU
same thats wat my teacher was saying too
[QUOTE="imena;65172043"]
Original post by RNGeesus
whats an alternative case study for kielder water? it got predicted to come up but its not in my revision guide[/QU
same thats wat my teacher was saying too

Three Gorges was the alternative but it didn't come up on the paper?

Quick Reply